Going to Star Canyon...

1 view

Melissa Anna Menz

Apr 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/9/96
I'm going to Star Canyon this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any
recommendations on what to get???

Thanks--Melissa

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Hold me...kiss me...thrill me...email me at...
mam...@jove.acs.unt.edu
Melissa Anna Menz
http://www.unt.edu/~mam0002
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Clay Luther

Apr 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/11/96
Melissa Anna Menz <mam...@jove.acs.unt.edu> wrote:
>I'm going to Star Canyon this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any
>recommendations on what to get???

Anything....but DO get the cold cream soup (if still available).

Michael Perry

Apr 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/11/96
Melissa Anna Menz <mam...@jove.acs.unt.edu> wrote:

>I'm going to Star Canyon this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any
>recommendations on what to get???

I was there for my first time last night and the meal was outstanding.
I had a Southwestern Caesar salad for starters. It was a basic Caesar
but the dressing was peppery (hot). Someone else at the table had a
shrimp enchilada (taco?) which was reported to be excellent. My main
course was the Cowboy Ribeye which is a grilled marinated ribeye steak
smothered in onion rings. This is supposed to be one of the house
specialities. The beef was tender and juicy and the marinade was very
good. The serving was so large that I brought half of it home with
me. For dessert I split a piece of cake with three others. I forgot
its name but it had several layers including a light angel food
cake-like layer, one with peanut butter, and one with chocolate. It
was good that we split it because it was quite rich. Overall, it was
an excellent dining experience, especially since someone else picked
up the check.

Chris Pearce

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96
mpe...@hamon.swmed.edu (Michael Perry) wrote:

>For dessert I split a piece of cake with three others. I forgot
>its name but it had several layers including a light angel food
>cake-like layer, one with peanut butter, and one with chocolate.

Heaven and Hell cake, a Star Canyon specialty. You can get it
takeout at Marty's. Haven't had it, myself.

--
Chris Pearce, cpe...@speed.intecom.com

TTomlin218

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
I recommend getting one of the enchilada appetizers over the salad as you
can get a salad anywhere. Although they have a tomato/basil salad that
was excellent, the "taco" dishes are very unique. Everything is very good
and a little spicy. Desserts are wonderful, the heaven and hell cake is
good as well as the other selections. My favorite part of the meal was
the coffee, I think that they use Godiva beans. enjoy.
Terri
----Martha Stewart wanna be.
Zone 8

Steve Silberberg

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.96040...@jove.acs.unt.edu>,

Melissa Anna Menz <mam...@jove.acs.unt.edu> wrote:
>I'm going to Star Canyon this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any
>recommendations on what to get???

A handsome date.

Steve Silberberg
ste...@onramp.net