Railhead Smokehouse in Collyville

1 view

Jim Vallilee

Jan 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/27/98

Has anyone eaten at the Railhead Smokehouse in Fort Worth.
I hear that they are building a new one at 121 + Glade in Colleyville
(next to the new La Hacienda's)
What kind of theme? atmosphere? food? prices? ect?

Stan McDaniel

Jan 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/27/98

I believe the Railhead has the best brisket I have eaten. Moist, but not
fat with a deep smoked flavor. Railroad theme, BBQ atmosphere, great
meat, competative pricing. Oh yes, and great shirts that say "Life's to
short to live in Dallas".

Stan

Jasper Taylor

Jan 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/29/98

Railhead is pretty good. Brisket good, ribs good, stay away from the
chopped beef as always. Atmosphere: railroad paraphernalia, mainly
because railhead is or was close to a main switching yard for burlington
northern in Fort Worth. They use to be in a metal building on vickery
blvd. that they shared with a drive through beer store. Price average.
Give it a try.

Jasper