DeVeDe on Mac

MarlonChalegre

May 26, 2010, 7:25:29 PM5/26/10
to DeVeDe forum
I saw a post about DeVeDe on mac and there sergio said:

Sergio

Well, then let's see: Can someone install the following software in
its mac?
- Python
- PyGKT and GTK2
- Mplayer, Mencoder and codecs
- DVDAuthor and spumux
- MKISOFS or GenISOimage
- Devede
and test if it works, and what errors does it return.
(I don't have MacOS, so I can't do it)
- --

Okay, I installed all dependencies. When I execute DeVeDe i receive

can't find the font for subtitles.

And my question is, Wich font DeVeDe use for Subtitles?

Thanks for help and sorry for my bad english.

MarlonChalegre

May 26, 2010, 7:27:12 PM5/26/10
to DeVeDe forum
The terminal output:

Marlon-Chalegres-MacBook:devede-3.16.8 marlonchalegre$ python2.4
devede.py
Xlib: extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-OUg6fo/:0".
DeVeDe 3.16.8
Locale: en_US.UTF-8
Using direct files
/Users/marlonchalegre/
Entro en fonts
Creating spumux directory/Users/marlonchalegre/.spumux
Already existed
/Users/marlonchalegre/Downloads/devede-3.16.8/devedesans.ttf
Hago
/Users/marlonchalegre/.spumux/devedesans.ttf
fallo
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf
Hago
/Users/marlonchalegre/.spumux/devedesans.ttf
fallo
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-dejavu/dejavusans.ttf
Hago
/Users/marlonchalegre/.spumux/devedesans.ttf
fallo
Salgo de fonts
/Users/marlonchalegre/
Temp Directory is: /var/tmp
home load: /Users/marlonchalegre/.devede
linea: video_format:pal

linea: temp_folder:/var/tmp/

linea: multicore:1

linea: sub_language:EN (ENGLISH)

linea: sub_codepage:ISO-8859-1

linea:

MarlonChalegre

May 26, 2010, 7:48:49 PM5/26/10
to DeVeDe forum
Problem solved =). Now the problem is the menconder...
If I can put to work I let you know.

MarlonChalegre

May 27, 2010, 12:11:57 AM5/27/10
to DeVeDe forum
It's working. A lot of bugs in UI, some events of UI doesn't work,
some configuration i put manually (Video Bitrate, Audio Bitrate,...)
and subtitles just if it is in UTF-8. If i try to encode with a
subtitle in other format the DeVeDe launch a exception: IOError al
convertir a UTF8.

Code:
if 0!
=devede_other.check_utf().convert_to_UTF8(subtitle_list["subtitles"],subfilename,subtitle_list["sub_codepage"]):
#except IOError:
print "IOError al convertir a UTF8"
self.print_error=_("Failed to write to the destination directory.
\nCheck that you have privileges and free space there.")
self.initerror=True
return

Tomorrow I will do others tests. See You.

Sergio

May 27, 2010, 4:05:39 AM5/27/10
to devede...@googlegroups.com

MarlonChalegre

May 27, 2010, 4:52:59 PM5/27/10
to DeVeDe forum
Sergio you was right, I installed de newer version of PyGTK and the
bugs
on UI it is gone. Now, the only bug i found is in subtitle conversion.
The
subtitles's codepage is ISO-8859-1 and DeVeDe cannot convert to
UTF-8.
When I convert the subtitle in a extern program, DeVeDe can build the
DVD.

I will build a How To explaining how i putted to works DeVeDe on Mac.

On May 27, 5:05 am, Sergio <rasters...@gmail.com> wrote:

> El 27/05/10 06:11, MarlonChalegre escribi :
>
> Hi:
>
> > It's working. A lot of bugs in UI, some events of UI doesn't work,
> > some configuration i put manually (Video Bitrate, Audio Bitrate,...)
> > and subtitles just if it is in UTF-8. If i try to encode with a
> > subtitle in other format the DeVeDe launch a exception: IOError al
> > convertir a UTF8.
>
> That sounds as a bug in the PyGTK version. Be sure that you have the
> last one (2.16), and the last GTK version too (2.20)
>
> - --
> Nos leemos
>                          RASTER    (Linux user #228804)
> ras...@rastersoft.com              http://www.rastersoft.com

> Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)

> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

Conrado Pinto Rebessi

May 27, 2010, 5:09:50 PM5/27/10
to devede...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marlon,

I think this might be a new bug in devede or spumux, because I use
Linux, and have always used it with iso8859-1 subtitles with no
problem.
Starting a couple of weeks ago, sometimes it can finish the dvd,
sometimes it crashes with a message complaining about a possible
SPUMUX bug.

When that occurs, I convert manually the subtitle to utf-8 using iconv
and finish it.

Regards,

Conrado

2010/5/27 MarlonChalegre <marlonc...@gmail.com>:

> --

Conrado Pinto Rebessi

Imagine there's no latency, No spam or phishing, a community of trust.
Imagine all the people, able to get online.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|

Sergio

May 27, 2010, 5:40:21 PM5/27/10
to devede...@googlegroups.com

Conrado Pinto Rebessi

May 27, 2010, 7:27:44 PM5/27/10
to devede...@googlegroups.com
Next time it happens I'll try taking a dump of the messages so we can
troubleshoot that.

Regards,

Conrado

Sergio

May 27, 2010, 7:47:27 PM5/27/10
to devede...@googlegroups.com

MarlonChalegre

May 29, 2010, 8:58:06 PM5/29/10
to DeVeDe forum
I make a how to. I don't remember exactly what I did. So, if someone
has a mac, try put DeVeDe to run using this HowTo and tell me if
something was wrong.

Running DeVeDe on Mac.

1 - Preparing the environment.

To start you need to install XCode and X11 both come on the
installation DVD of the MAC. After that, download the latest version
of MacPorts from http://www.macports.org/ and install.

2 - Installing the dependencies for DeVeDe

DeVeDe require these softwares to run:
- Python
        - PyGKT and GTK2
        - Mplayer, Mencoder and codecs
        - DVDAuthor and spumux
        - MKISOFS or GenISOimage

To install them on Mac you need to open the terminal and type:
$ sudo port install py26-pygtksourceview mplayer-devel cdrtools
vcdimager gtk2 dvdauthor

MacPort will download the source code, compile and install the
softwares. It's will take a long time. :)

Now, all dependencies to run DeVeDe are installed. But, you need to
configure just one more thing.

3 - Installing the Fonts.

Try to run DeVeDe, open the terminal and go to the folder where you
extract it and type:
$ python2.6 devede.py

DeVeDe will ask you about two fonts. DeVeDe one these fonts come with
DeVeDe and the other you need to download. If you see in DeVeDe's
folder there is a file called devedesans.ttf you must copy this file
to folder /Users/yourname/.spumux , after you need to download the
DeJaVuSans.ttf and copy to that folder too.

4 - Running DeVeDe

Open the terminal and go to DeVeDe's folder. Type
$ python2.6 devede.py

It's done. DeVeDe is now running.

My english it's not so good. I appreciate if someone revise the
text :)

I'm studying PyObjC, one day who know i can build a UI for mac.. =D