DevComp add-on wont let FF5 remember which monitor it opens on

skunkbad

Jul 31, 2011, 11:26:23 PM7/31/11
to DeveloperCompanion
I'm on a Win7 box using FF5. All seems fine so far (minimal testing)
except when devcomp add-on is enabled, FF doesn't remember which of my
monitors it is supposed to open on. If I disable the add-on, FF works
as it should. I can duplicate this bug ++;

DeveloperCompanion Support

Jul 31, 2011, 11:48:38 PM7/31/11
to dev...@googlegroups.com

DeveloperCompanion takes over window positioning on restart as the
underlying platform (Jetpack) does not have a feature to launch custom
windows (vs browser windows) with their own persistent sizing yet.

This workaround breaks down with dual screens.

There is an option you can change to switch off this workaround. Doing
so will require you to close DeveloperCompanion before the last browser
window otherwise your new browser window comes back in the position and
size of DeveloperCompanion.

To change the option browse to:

about:config

and set:

extensions.devcomp.browserWindowSizingEnabled

to:

false

Its a bad situation that will hopefully be resolved soon.

Thanks for reporting your experience!

Christoph

skunkbad

Aug 1, 2011, 12:44:32 AM8/1/11
to DeveloperCompanion
Thanks for the workaround, and thanks for your hard work. I know I
barely use the functionality that Firephp and DevComp have to offer,
but it makes my life much easier.

On Jul 31, 8:48 pm, DeveloperCompanion Support