Rubygem dependencies

Trevor.Fountain

Mar 20, 2008, 11:38:22 PM3/20/08
to DepGraph
Had some trouble installing DepGraph from rubygems: it kept giving me
the error "depgraph requires the optiflag RubyGem.\\Installation: gem
install optiflag -y". I have both GraphViz and the optiflag gem
installed -- but I did _not_ have ruby-graphviz. I was only able to
find this dependency by poking around the source; can you either add
it as a dependency on the project home page, or (perhaps better) give
a more accurate error message?

Nice software, by the way. Thanks,

Trevor

Daniel Cadenas

Mar 20, 2008, 11:44:07 PM3/20/08
to depg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Trevor.
What a coincidence. At the same time you were sending this message I
was uploading the latest version of DepGraph, 0.10.0, which fixes the
missing dependencies and adds the ability to show the dependency graph
of all your installed gems with a simple "depgraph -type gems". I hope
it works well now.
Thanks for your feedback.

Trevor.Fountain

Mar 20, 2008, 11:44:28 PM3/20/08
to DepGraph

Trevor.Fountain

Mar 20, 2008, 11:45:10 PM3/20/08
to DepGraph
Oh. Well, then. Cool.

Daniel Cadenas

Mar 20, 2008, 11:50:07 PM3/20/08
to DepGraph
On 21 mar, 00:44, "Trevor.Fountain" <Doc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Really simple patch for splitting LoadError message:http://groups.google.com/group/depgraph/web/misleading_dependency_err...
>
> On Mar 20, 10:38 pm, "Trevor.Fountain" <Doc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Had some trouble installing DepGraph from rubygems: it kept giving me
> > the error "depgraph requires the optiflag RubyGem.\\Installation: gem
> > install optiflag -y". I have both GraphViz and the optiflag gem
> > installed -- but I did _not_ have ruby-graphviz. I was only able to
> > find this dependency by poking around the source; can you either add
> > it as a dependency on the project home page, or (perhaps better) give
> > a more accurate error message?
>
> > Nice software, by the way. Thanks,
>
> > Trevor- Ocultar texto de la cita -
>
> - Mostrar texto de la cita -

Thanks a lot, I'll add it to the next version.