MAPI Password change?

Tom Rymes

Jun 4, 2003, 10:23:51 AM6/4/03
My users are using Outlook 2002 to communicate with CGPro 4.0.6 running
on RedHat 8.0. We are using the latest production release of the MAPI
Connector.

Can my users change their account password from within Outlook?

Also, to keep the Samba, Linux, and CGPro passwords in sync, would the
best method be to Set "Enable OS Password" for each account and use the
Windows 98 Password control panel to change the "Microsoft networking
password" which should, via Samba, change the Linux OS password. In
this scenario, would users technically be able to use either the OS
password or the CGPro password, assuming they are different?

Any thought, ideas, comments, flames, etc appreciated.

Tom

Technical Support

Jun 4, 2003, 11:17:40 AM6/4/03
Hello, on 04.06.2003 18:23, Tom Rymes at try...@rymes.net wrote:

> My users are using Outlook 2002 to communicate with CGPro 4.0.6 running
> on RedHat 8.0. We are using the latest production release of the MAPI
> Connector.
>
> Can my users change their account password from within Outlook?

No.

> Also, to keep the Samba, Linux, and CGPro passwords in sync, would the
> best method be to Set "Enable OS Password" for each account and use the
> Windows 98 Password control panel to change the "Microsoft networking
> password" which should, via Samba, change the Linux OS password. In
> this scenario, would users technically be able to use either the OS
> password or the CGPro password, assuming they are different?

Yes. The CGPro internal password is tried first, if that does not match, the
server tries to authenticate using OS passwords. Note, for OS passwords to
work SASL authentication methods in mailer clients should be disabled (as to
authenticate to OS the server needs the passwords in the clear text form.)

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Akindinov

Steve Grandi

Jun 4, 2003, 6:42:09 PM6/4/03
Here is the begining from a particularly ugly SPAM that came through today:

> From: "
> Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 14:14:51 -0700
>
> " <a_s...@hotmail.com>
> To: "Adam SOMEBODY " <sem...@noao.edu>
> Subject: Improved ejaculation
>
> <head>
> <title>Hello</title>
> </head>

Note the "multiline" From: line .... Ugly! I will leave it to the SMTP lawyers
as to the legality of the header.

But the bad part is that it got through my
rulet that invokes SpamCatcher. The rule is a sequence of From not-in
address-list statements. But the log shows that the above message failed
condition#0 of the rule and the SpamCatcher was not invoked.

So:

1) why did this message fail my rule with From not-in address-list?
2) is there a rule that will catch this message?`

--
Steve Grandi
National Optical Astronomy Observatory/AURA Inc., Tucson AZ USA

Bret Miller

Jun 4, 2003, 8:55:08 PM6/4/03
They can't change it within Outlook, but they could use the WebUser
interface to change it. We chose to match it with their network password
using the LDAP interface. I wrote my own script because I wanted it work
work a little different than Stalker's. Works well for us.

Bret