Orchid Fahrenheit Settings Please

David Davies

Apr 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/27/96

I have an Orchid Fahrenheit 1280 isa graphics card, bios ver 2.00, 1mb VRam.
Can anyone tell me the settings for the set of 4 dip switches and the 2
jumpers on JP2. JP1 is IRQ9 and JP3 is for 512k or 1mb video memory ( beacause
they are marked). I am trying to put it in another machine and it doesn't like
it much.
I was working okay when taken out of another machine but one of my
family decided to play with the little switch things :-)

Any help gratefully appreciated.

TIA

--
Dave Davies E-Mail: Da...@cassio.demon.co.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael J. Cross

Apr 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/30/96

In article <830598...@cassio.demon.co.uk>
Da...@cassio.demon.co.uk "David Davies" writes:

> I have an Orchid Fahrenheit 1280 isa graphics card, bios ver 2.00, 1mb VRam.
> Can anyone tell me the settings for the set of 4 dip switches and the 2
> jumpers on JP2. JP1 is IRQ9 and JP3 is for 512k or 1mb video memory ( beacause
> they are marked). I am trying to put it in another machine and it doesn't like
> it much.
> I was working okay when taken out of another machine but one of my
> family decided to play with the little switch things :-)

I have a Fahrenheit 1280 D (the local bus version) but the book covers both.

JP2 Motherboard Compatibility Default 2 & 3 connected

If system does not boot, connect pins 1 & 2
If sign-on msg is scrambled at boot-up,
connect 2 & 3
If graphics modes are scrambled in software,
connect 2 & 3

SW1, SW2 Refresh Rates
Vert refresh Rates
SW1 SW2 640x480 800x600 1024x768 1280xXX

off off 72 Hz 72 Hz 60 Hz 43 Hz Default
on off 72 72 70 48
off on 60 56 45 N/A
on on 60 60 60 N/A

SW3 ESR Switch DEfault OFF

For Revision B boards only - shadow ROM conflicts
If using Video Shadow ROM and system won't boot, set SW3 ON

SW4 Speed Booster Option Default OFF

Set ON to enable speed booster option (zero wait states)

To set switches ON, move towards the numbers.

all the best,
--
Michael J. Cross Internet : mi...@mjckeh.demon.co.uk
"We hope this music is helpful to modern people who tend to keep their