Group Bicycle Ride on 11th October 09

DCC

Oct 5, 2009, 8:40:41 AM10/5/09
to delhic...@googlegroups.com

Bicycle ride in Lutyens’ Delhi

Sunday, October 11, 2009

06.30 – 08.30 AM

Patel Chowk Metro Stn – Connaught Place – Vijay Chowk – India Gate - Patel Chowk (12 kms)

Dear friends,

The Delhi Cycling Club (DCC) cordially invites you and your family/friends to participate in our next Bicycle Ride being held on Sunday, October 11, 2009 between 06.30 and 08.30 a.m. in Lutyens’ Delhi area.

The 2-hour ride, covering a distance of around 12-kms, will start on Sunday morning from Patel Chowk Metro Station (Ashoka Road) and pass through Connaught Place, Janpath, Rajpath, Vijay Chowk, Rashtrapati Bhawan (President House) and India Gate before culminating again at Patel Chowk Metro Station.  A route map link has been attached for your convenience:

The event is open to all the bicycle enthusiasts and supporters. You can confirm your participation either by sending SMS (type: 1) your name, 2) age, 3) contact number, 4) email ID and 5) locality you are coming from) at mobile number: 9990-22-66-44 or through email at delhicyc...@gmail.com before 3.00 PM, Friday, October 9, 2009.

You are requested to assemble by 06.15 AM at the venue (Bicycle parking at Patel Chowk Metro Stn.). Also those who would be either cycling in real traffic for the first time or after a long gap, are requested to arrive at the venue at-least 30 minutes before the start so that they could be given some useful cycling and road safety tips by our volunteers.

Look forward to seeing you on Sunday, 11th October morning at the ride.

Web link of the route map: http://maps.google.co.in/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=India+Gate,+Rajpath,+India+Gate,+New+Delhi,+Delhi&msa=0&msid=116181156111933074554.00047528f885da06654d7&ll=28.625966,77.216163&spn=0.021585,0.052142&t=h&z=15

Rajendra Verma

Delhi Cycling Club

# # #

NOTE:

  1. Please remember this not a cycle racing event or competition. We would only be cycling in slow to moderate speed in the group

  1. Participants are requested to bring their own bicycles. Some extra bicycles would be available on first cum first serve basis to people who can’t bring their own bicycle to the ride.

  1. All necessary precautions will be taken by the DCC volunteers during the Cycling Ride, however it will be the sole responsibility of participant(s) to follow all the traffic rules, road signage, road etiquette and to take adequate road safety precautions while cycling.

The Noble Soul

Oct 6, 2009, 7:51:37 AM10/6/09
to delhicycling
am on...hope to see you all.