Paddyfield Warbler (Acrocephalus agricola)?

J.M. Garg

Jan 4, 2009, 9:54:26 PM1/4/09
to Delhibirdpix, bsap_online, Bird Photography India, INP
Taken on 30/11/08 at Lake Kolleru in AP. It was in an area filled with Common Water HyacinthEichhornia crassipes. I hope Id is correct.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Paddyfield Warbler (Acrocephalus agricola) is it- in AP I IMG_3517.jpg

Abhijit Menon-Sen

Jan 4, 2009, 11:41:04 PM1/4/09
to J.M. Garg, delhib...@googlegroups.com
At 2009-01-05 08:24:26 +0530, jmg...@gmail.com wrote:

> Taken on 30/11/08 at Lake Kolleru in AP. It was in an area filled with
> *Common Water Hyacinth*, *Eichhornia crassipes*. I hope Id is correct.

It's Water Hyacinth all right :-), but the bird doesn't look like an
Acrocephalus at all. Some juvenile Prinia, maybe?

-- ams

J.M. Garg

Jan 5, 2009, 8:47:51 AM1/5/09
to Abhijit Menon-Sen, delhib...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Abhijit ji.
As per my observation, behavior was like that of a warbler & not that of a Prinia.

Can it be Booted as suggested by Kanwar ji as below?:
"I think this is a Booted Warbler.
KB

Kanwar B Singh
New Delhi"
I am also attaching a similar picture taken in Dec.'06 in wetlands of Kolkata & identified as Paddyfield Warbler.
2009/1/5 Abhijit Menon-Sen <a...@toroid.org>
Paddyfield Warbler (Acrocephalus agricola) in Kolkata I IMG_0496.jpg

Abhijit Menon-Sen

Jan 5, 2009, 9:09:19 AM1/5/09
At 2009-01-05 19:17:51 +0530, jmg...@gmail.com wrote:

> Can it be Booted as suggested by Kanwar ji as below?:

I suppose so.

> I am also attaching a similar picture taken in Dec.'06 in wetlands of
> Kolkata & identified as Paddyfield Warbler.

Yes, that one is a Paddyfield Warbler, but the two birds look very
different to me.

-- ams