Orange Flanked Bush-robin

Abhishek Mukherjee

Mar 1, 2008, 10:49:48 PM3/1/08
to birdpho...@googlegroups.com, birds...@yahoogroups.com, Delhibirdpix, orientalb...@googlegroups.com
Please confirm id.

I think this is an Orange Flanked Bush-Robin Tarsiger cyanurus at Shivpuri (near Rishikesh), Uttaranchal, India. 23rd February, 2008.

This would be my first sighting of this species and it was doing everything it could to convince me it was a Blue flycatcher of some sort, including staying in the vicinity of a Rufous  Bellied Niltava (also a lifer for me).

These little creatures sure know how to make photographers work hard :)

Thanks,
Abhishek.
00400 Orange Flanked Bush-robin - i.jpg
00410 OFBR - ii - stance.jpg
00420 OFBR - iii.jpg

Abhijit Menon-Sen

Mar 2, 2008, 4:01:25 AM3/2/08
to Abhishek Mukherjee, delhib...@googlegroups.com
At 2008-03-02 09:19:48 +0530, abhishek....@gmail.com wrote:

> I think this is an Orange Flanked Bush-Robin *Tarsiger cyanurus* at

> Shivpuri (near Rishikesh), Uttaranchal, India. 23rd February, 2008.

Right you are.

-- ams