Degrafa styled component explorer

Justin

Mar 27, 2009, 10:22:02 PM3/27/09
to Degrafa
I've been envisioning a "Degrafa Styled Component Explorer" (anyone
have a better name?) for a while now. Basically, it would be a cross
between the original Flex Style Explorer, the Degrafa samples page,
and the ScaleNine themes. The basic concept is to provide css AND
code for degrafa skinned components to make a simple one-stop-shop for
cool components. For example, if I needed a cool HSlider, I'd just go
to the DSC Explorer, browse the list of HSliders to find one I like,
tweak some colors or properties, copy & paste the css and code into my
project, dump the degrafa swc into libs, and away I go.

Some key points:
1. Provide both css AND code (so I can copy & paste and it just works)
2. Tweakable (so I can adjust colors and properties in the Explorer
UI, a la design view in FB3)
3. Just components (although I guess multiple components could be
linked to make a "theme")

As a very rough starting point I put together a simple button explorer
that outputs both css and code for three different degrafa-powered
button skins:
http://saturnboy.com/2009/03/degrafa-button-explorer/

Any feedback would be great, starting with does anyone think this is a
good idea?

Juan Sanchez

Mar 28, 2009, 2:43:18 AM3/28/09
to Degrafa
I definitely think this a good idea. We've been talking about
something similar, but most of our time is taken developing the
framework. Someone I work with at EffectiveUI started a Degrafa theme
with all the controls based on the Flash Catalyst UI. I may have him
try to sync up with you and maybe se if we can't do with that what you
did with the button explorer.

flexgirl

Mar 28, 2009, 2:55:23 PM3/28/09
to Degrafa
Hi Justin,

You've got a good start here. I want to learn more about Degrafa so
if you need help I'd be happy to oblige.

Tami