collecting links for Oct 7th follow-up

瀏覽次數:0 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Vanessa

未讀,
2010年10月8日 晚上7:16:312010/10/8
收件者:Defend Education、vcr...@yahoo.com
I've been collecting links for an Oct 7th follow post on the NFM blog,
http://thenewfacultymajority.blogspot.com. Additionally, I'll either
bookmark them on Delicious with #Oct7 tag or bundle them in feed
reader, possibly both. I'd appreciate any links &/or pics you can add.
In particular, I'm hoping to add local coverage from areas less
prominently featured in national coverage.

Here is my Oct 7 follow list so far:

Reports on Actions linked to the "Global Wave"
http://www.emancipating-education-for-all.org/global_wave_reports

The "Global Wave" kicked-off !! http://emancipating-education-for-all.org/global_wave_kickoff

First Thoughts on the October 7 National Day of Action
http://studentactivism.net/2010/10/08/first-thoughts-on-the-october-7-national-day-of-action/

October 7 Mid-day Post http://studentactivism.net/2010/10/07/october-7-mid-day-post/

Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY
http://www.newschannel34.com/news/local/story/BU-Student-Protest/EeH8WK-OmEqBZsNJPareUg.cspx

Daily Cal Oct 7 Live Blog http://www.dailycal.org/article/110671/live_blog_oct._7_day_of_action

Budget Cuts Don’t Heal: Defend Higher Education Day of Action
http://www.jwjblog.org/2010/10/budget-cuts-dont-heal-defend-higher-education-day-of-action/

Thousands Across the Country Protest Against Cuts to Education,
Students, Faculty, and Workers Take to the Streets on National Day of
Action, http://www.fightbacknews.org/node/2174, reposted at
http://groups.google.com/group/defend-education/t/ad27cc4973443302

Anakbayan New York/ New Jersey: From the U.S to the Philippines:
Education is a Right! http://www.defendeducation.org/?p=1309

http://www.emancipating-education-for-all.org/global_wave_reports

Thanks,
Vanessa Vaile
http://newfacultymajority.org
http://thenewfacultymajority.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/NewFacMajority

Vanessa

未讀,
2010年10月8日 晚上7:32:522010/10/8
收件者:Defend Education
One of the Oct 7 rallies was held at Louisiana State University in
Baton Rouge, where “Defend Public Education Day” was commemorated with
a mock jazz funeral procession. http://anticap.wordpress.com/2010/10/08/defending-public-higher-education/

image of procession http://anticap.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/onlinebudget-cuts.jpg

Proposed budget cuts at LSU prompt funeral-like procession on campus,
http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20101008/NEWS01/101008021/

BATON ROUGE – Hundreds of students, faculty and staff participated in
“Defend Public Education Day” on Thursday, Oct. 7, with a jazz funeral
procession on the Parade Ground at Louisiana State University.

The event was organized to raise awareness of the potential effects of
proposed budget cuts.

It was sponsored by two student groups, Proud Students and the LSU
Graduate Student Association and two faculty groups, the LSU Faculty
Senate and LSUnited; and the Louisiana Association of Educators.

The jazz funeral procession, which included faculty, staff and
students dressed in black, began on the Parade Ground, passed in front
of the LSU Student Union and turned toward the Memorial Tower before
stopping at the LSU War Memorial.

Vanessa

未讀,
2010年10月9日 上午9:43:432010/10/9
收件者:Defend Education
More:

The Chronicle (IHE): At Rallies Across the Country, Students Turn Out
in Defense of Public Education, http://chronicle.com/article/Students-Turn-Out-in-Defense/124853/,
also reposted on Workplace
http://blogs.ubc.ca/workplace/2010/10/at-rallies-across-the-country-students-turn-out-in-defense-of-public-education/

UMinn, Eva von Dassow comments at Oct 7 rally
http://umnfaculty.blogspot.com/2010/10/eva-von-dassows-comments-at-october-7.html

Chris Newfield's Remaking the University: Coverage of October 7th
Protests http://utotherescue.blogspot.com/2010/10/coverage-of-october-7th-protests.html

+ update on BU link from Matthew Birkhold (thanks!)
http://www.wbng.com/news/video/BU-Students-Protest-Irresponsible-Spending-104522104.html
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄