Appdev-Group Meeting, 13th July, 6:30pm GMT+1

Malte Reißig

Jul 9, 2010, 3:02:10 PM7/9/10
to deepamehta3, jakob.oswald, Jürgen Neumann
dear developers and interested you,

why not meet up, listen, ask & talk with jörg about technical
interesting topics in the beginning of next week ? anyone would be
prevented to take part somehow when it`s on next tuesday (13th July) in
the evening from 6:30pm on ? there is a chance to sit at the nt-store
for a couple of hours..

if anyone is really interested but cannot take part at this date or
wants to have more time for preparation, let use know so we can find a
new date without further hesitation, i will wait for any pleas and
wishes until sunday midnight.

but now, the evening could be made of parts like the following :

- deepamehta software platform v3 state of the art
(plus evtl. some outlook) (30mins)
- talking about the changes for application developers in dm2 and in dm3
(10-15mins, then break)
- process how to: migrate content and workspaces from previous versions
(walk through and document: 20-30mins)
- plugin development with, e.g. first sketch for a file-system plugin
(60mins - 90mins)

2 1/2 half hours and i think we could try to leave out all
organizational stuff and just focus on developments, fixing milestones
and therewith making the ground for kicking off some first plugins. i
know for some the browser client is a hot topic too talk about but maybe
we could just focus of telling jörg our first impressions and
experiences with it, the following spot could be used for that, too.

until we have more professional organisational strucutres i would
suggest to use http://piratepad.net/FWwrkgo9Z1 as the documentation &
pre-meeting planning spot, everybody can join in easily.

i will be there at the spot to allow skypers and others to tune into the
meeting to some extend, so i`ll try to make sure that the meeting would
be accessible for visitors living at bangalore during the late night and
during the lunch time for people in nyc.

looking forward to get in touch with you.

best,
malt

Jul 10, 2010, 5:05:21 AM7/10/10
to deepa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jörg and Malte,

great work with the new version,
on my linux system the pre-release
worked out of the box.
Congratulations to Jörg for the good work.

Unfortunately I can not attend the group
meeting, though I am very interested to hear
more about the new system and the migration
suggestions.
I would like to participate at least remotely,
by looking at a stream or something like this,
Malte can you please share some details on this?

By the way: http://piratepad.net/FWwrkgo9Z1
mentions the 14th of July as meeting date
(this would be fine for me)

Thanks,
Torsten

On 09.07.2010 21:02, Malte Reißig wrote:
> dear developers and interested you,
>

> why not meet up, listen, ask& talk with jörg about technical

> interesting topics in the beginning of next week ? anyone would be
> prevented to take part somehow when it`s on next tuesday (13th July) in
> the evening from 6:30pm on ? there is a chance to sit at the nt-store
> for a couple of hours..

torsten.vcf

Jörg Richter

Jul 10, 2010, 8:01:17 AM7/10/10
to deepa...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, Thorsten, for feedback!

Dev-meeting:
At the pirate pad I voted for 14th or 16th as possible dates.
It would be fine if Thorsten could join us.

Cheers,
Jörg

> <torsten.vcf>

Malte Reißig

Jul 10, 2010, 6:39:04 PM7/10/10
to deepa...@googlegroups.com
Definitely, so please mark wed, 14th of July in your calendar
and i think 6:30pm would be a nice time to start.

as we then need a new spot this will be a room at the
newthinking office, schoenhauser allee 6/7
(a bit north of u2 rosa-luxemburg-platz)

there we have nice bandwith, tons of chairs to lay on ;)
plus lovely people who let us be there !

looking forward to meet you there,
cheers !

malt