apt-get

bobby

Aug 2, 2002, 8:22:14 PM8/2/02
i just used apt-get dist-upgrade to upgrade my system to the "unstable
branch".

if i don't like the unstable branch, is there a way to revert back to
the "testing"?

do upgrade to the unstable branch, i changed a line of code in my
sources.list.

if i change it back to the "testing" lines and do an apt-get
dist-upgrade, will it revert?

Dennis van Dok

Aug 5, 2002, 7:19:31 PM8/5/02
bobbybo...@hotmail.com (bobby) writes:

> i just used apt-get dist-upgrade to upgrade my system to the "unstable
> branch".
>
> if i don't like the unstable branch, is there a way to revert back to
> the "testing"?

Hardly. Think before you act. You should make a full backup of your
system; new versions of software will typically leave marks in ~/.somerc
files, under /etc/ and possibly other places.

You could try

dpkg --get-selection > selection

and

dpkg --set-selection < selection

afterward, but dependency problems loom...

Dennis
--
Free Software! That is ``Free'' as in ``Willy.''