652-WLXKJ appears down: leds still on

brickedmybox

Jan 18, 2010, 6:23:57 PM1/18/10
to DealExtreme NAS
Either through a router, or through a direct connection I am able to
contact my NAS device

After downloading the firmware, going to the (orig) firmware update
screen (on 192.168.0.198), choosing the .bin file. so on.
The web gui said "firmware updated rebooting in 20 seconds" and after
that I lost all contact (including pings).

What trouble shooting steps can I take to either get snakeOS working
or revert to the orginal firmware?

Douglas Gazineu

Jan 19, 2010, 11:51:49 AM1/19/10
to dealextr...@googlegroups.com
@brickedmybox:

 Your NAS should have another IP now. Try to check on your router the new given IP.

Douglas Gazineu

brickedmybox

Jan 19, 2010, 5:06:42 PM1/19/10
to DealExtreme NAS
thanks -> the ip address was .197 (I tried .240, .199, .198, etc)

I now have two other problems:
1) if I change settings and reboot (such as chaning the hostname) I
lose all those settings and much rechange them. This prevents me from
changing the hostname from "snake" to something else as it requires a
reboot
2) if more than one person access the HDD at the same time and
attempts to copy a file (via samaba) the box crashes

On Jan 19, 6:51 pm, Douglas Gazineu <dgazi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> @brickedmybox:
>
>  Your NAS should have another IP now. Try to check on your router the new
> given IP.
>

> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 21:23, brickedmybox <fba...@ymail.com> wrote:
> > Either through a router, or through a direct connection I am able to
> > contact my NAS device
>
> > After downloading the firmware, going to the (orig) firmware update
> > screen (on 192.168.0.198), choosing the .bin file. so on.
> > The web gui said "firmware updated rebooting in 20 seconds" and after
> > that I lost all contact (including pings).
>
> > What trouble shooting steps can I take to either get snakeOS working
> > or revert to the orginal firmware?

Douglas Gazineu

Jan 19, 2010, 7:05:18 PM1/19/10
to dealextr...@googlegroups.com
Not sure about the box crashes, but for the hostname, you have to save config manually before restarting.

brickedmybox

Jan 20, 2010, 5:57:45 AM1/20/10
to DealExtreme NAS
1) everything gets reset - not just the hostname. I have to recreate
the shares, etc
2) could anything be done about the crashes? is this a known issue?

> > e...@googlegroups.com>
>
> > > --
> > > Douglas Gazineu
>
> > --

> > dealextreme-na...@googlegroups.com<dealextreme-nas-%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

AstalavistaGroup

Jan 21, 2010, 7:03:42 PM1/21/10
to DealExtreme NAS
Hi, just received my NS-K330 few days ago and have exactly the same
problems as
brickedmybox described. BUT the main difference – I haven’t update
software – it is native. On section Tools/Update version is been shown
– “Current Version 2.5.0-May 21 2009”. I noticed – this damn china
miracle is not capable to restart. But if remove power cord and
network cable for about minute or longer, it rises from the dead. But
after one of those reboots flash drive partition was corrupted and
finally I had to reset it. Another problem – I could not set up FTP –
it is not accessible. BT download is working at least between hang-
ups. It seems this device is totally china scrap :(