Xsession: login for wkure is disabled

sama...@my-deja.com

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
I have a similar problem:

adding a login account, deleting it, adding the same name
again will lock the user name out with the above message.

After deleting it, I made sure that the user home directory is
gone, the entries in /etc/passwd, group and shadow for this
user are gone.

Then, when I add the same user name again, I cannot use the
graphical logon window - I geht the Xsession: login for <user> is
disabled - message box prompting me to click "OK" - Bs - it's
not OK!!!

I think there is somewhere an entry remaining in some auth database and
the authentication fails.

My syslog entry:
Jun 29 01:27:50 munich PAM-unix2[18442]: session started for user sam2,
service xdm
Jun 29 01:28:00 munich PAM-unix2[18442]: session finished for user sam2,
service xdm

the /etc/pam.d/xdm has:
#%PAM-1.0
auth required /lib/security/pam_unix.so nullok
#set_secrpc
account required /lib/security/pam_unix.so
password required /lib/security/pam_unix.so #strict=false
session required /lib/security/pam_unix.so debug # trace or
none

and I suspect that the session somehow fails.

But I have no clue where the user information is kept in PAM.

It is on SuSE 6.4

Samartha

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.