Message from discussion Help in downloading HTML and images through CGI
From: "richard latter" <richard_lat...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Help in downloading HTML and images through CGI
X-Trace: news.demon.co.uk 945859699 nnrp-09:20781 NO-IDENT avellino.demon.co.uk:22.214.171.124
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2615.200
I'm a newbie to CGI and perl, but have recently written a few perl modules
to reads and extract text files in HTML table format.
The problem I have is that I'm getting and displaying my HTML forms from
another local file that I'm reading. I just using the open and the print
calls to STDOUT, nothing fancy. The problem is, the HTML that I am
displaying, also contains IMG SRC tags with images and it's this that it's
not displaying. Just the raw text format and tables. When viewing the
source for the web browser end, it clearly shows the tags. Also, when I
view the HTML not through CGI, it displays it fine with all images includes.
Is this a problem with perl, CGI or the web browser? How can I get around
this or is there an easy way of displaying images to a browser?
1. I'm not using any CGI modules at present.
2. I'm using the POST method with my form action for the CGI request.
3. I'm currently using Perl to send the line print "Content-type:
4. It reads the HTML out to the browser including all IMG tags, but no
graphics are displayed.
5. When I display the html file directly, it appears OK with all images in
place, but not through my CGI perl program.
Thanks in adance,