EcoHour Feb 27th

Sanjana Ahmad

Feb 25, 2008, 8:26:37 AM2/25/08
to dcgreen...@googlegroups.com
for more information on dc-ecowomen, visit http://dcgreenmuslims.blogspot.com/

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: rs...@ecowomen.org <rs...@ecowomen.org>
Date: Feb 19, 2008 10:59 AM
Subject: [DC EcoWomen] EcoHour w/ Brennan Van Dyke, February 27
To: dc-ec...@lists.essential.org

WHO: Brennan Van Dyke, Senior Advisor to the CEO, Global Environment Facility

WHEN: Wednesday, February 27th, 6-8pm

WHERE: Teaism @ 8th & D Streets (400 8th Street NW)
Metro: Archives/Navy Memorial, Gallery Place/Chinatown, and Federal Triangle.

WHY: Because you've always wanted to learn more about multinational
environmental organizations and in this weather you've got to warm up
with a Mind and Body tisane!

Plus, this month after EcoHour we'll be hosting a volunteer
information session. If you're interesting in helping DC EcoWomen with
our many activities, plan to stay after the event to hear more about
how you can get involved!

ABOUT BRENNAN:
Brennan Van Dyke is the Senior Advisor to the CEO of the Global
Environment Facility. Her work focuses on providing policy guidance to
the CEO, strengthening relations with donor governments, and
developing multifocal, multistakeholder initiatives.

Brennan is being seconded to the GEF for two years by the United
Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). Previously, she served as
Director of the Regional Office for North America of the United
Nations Environment Programme since 2000, where she successfully
encouraged US government and civil society engagement with UNEP.

Ms. Van Dyke came to UNEP from the office of United States Senator
Carl Levin, where she served as Legislative Assistant. Prior to that,
Ms. Van Dyke was Director of the Trade and Investment Program of
Center for International Environmental Law and worked for the New York
law firm, Hughes Hubbard and Reed and as Issues Director of a
gubernatorial campaign.

Ms. Van Dyke has taught as an adjunct professor of law at American
University's Washington College of Law and has published numerous
articles, primarily addressing the environmental impacts of
international trade and investment rules.

She has a J.D. from Yale Law School and a B.A. from University of
California, Berkeley.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

RSVP: to rsvp@ecowomen. org (by replying to this email)
If you are new to the list, please include your name and institutional
affiliation.

Although we think men are great, we restrict our regular happy hour
event to women only.

EVENT BACKGROUND: DC EcoWomen's Hour is a monthly forum that provides
environmental advocates an opportunity to network with like-minded
women. Participants include women directly protecting the environment
through work in nonprofit organizations, foundations, businesses and
government agencies. We also welcome recent graduates new to the
field. Each month's featured speaker is a leading environmental
activist, who has achieved some of our greatest successes. DC EcoWomen
is run by an all-volunteer executive board. Please let us know if you
are interested in helping out!