DC Food For All Workday at Common Good, July 24

DC Food For All

Jul 12, 2010, 9:26:36 PM7/12/10
to dcfood...@googlegroups.com

The DC Food For All will host a volunteer workday at Common Good City Farm.  The mission of the farm is to grow food, educate, and help low-income DC community members meet their food needs.  We’ll get our hands dirty on the farm and have a potluck while sharing thoughts about food systems in DC, with a focus on food justice in communities.

We’ll work on Saturday, July 24, from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. So bring your enthusiasm, good company, and a dish if the fancy strikes you.  We’ll help out with things such as:

  • mounding potatoes
  • securing drip tape with hangers
  • woodchipping
  • weeding