Makerbot project Was: Amazon Associate, Pattern: Hopper / Fees, Anti-Pattern(?): Sponsor

1 view

Joshua Stults

Jan 11, 2011, 5:26:11 PM1/11/11
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 4:35 PM, Rashad Glover <rashad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Also I already have a Makerbot, and a Sherline CNC mill so I
> could also help with the set up of that as well. Please check out my sites
> and get some ideas.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD8bT2BZDOA
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UCYqgLlX5o&feature=player_embedded

Nice videos; do you think you would be interested in heading up a
project to possibly "bootstrap" a Reprap or Makerbot for the space
using the one you already have? I've been hearing "makerbot" from
lots of folks at the meetings, so I think it is definitely something
people are interested in.

> http://www.Androidheaven.com

I think you mistyped there, maybe you meant this one:
http://www.arduinoheaven.com/

--
Joshua Stults
24 days 19 hours 35 minutes 47 seconds

Rashad Glover

Jan 12, 2011, 8:56:05 AM1/12/11
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Sure I can try, but its easier to just save up and buy one right out. As for the CNC machine, I already know what to buy to stream line any prototyping project. Bootstrapping takes time. I spent a lot of time with my friend Tim Noble who  built a boot strap and its a never ending cycle of brake downs and experimenting. I suggest we just get one of those new makerbots and maybe save for software materials for a large format cnc machine. From there we could create any thing we dream up. In my basement now I create any thing  I want. But I'm restricted to small things. I don't want Dayton-diode to have that same limited restriction.  Oh, yeah I'm sorry, about the link it was arduinoheaven.com, sorry about that.

Rashad Glover
RashadGlover.com

Joseph Mckibben

Jan 13, 2011, 5:50:12 PM1/13/11
to dayton...@googlegroups.com

Hey Rashad, would you be willing to bring your makerbot during the open house to show off? Maybe if we get the materials we could print some keychains or something to raise money for our own makerbot.