Fleets of conquered planets

Zootcat

Jul 8, 2011, 8:27:30 PM7/8/11
to Dave's Galaxy
What happens to fleets of conquered planets? Does ownership transfer
to the conquerer or are they still controlled by the original player?

Dave Case

Jul 8, 2011, 9:40:19 PM7/8/11
to daves-...@googlegroups.com
Controlled by the original player.

Oh, and  planetary assault -- I reviewed the code...

Assault only occurs if the planet is not defended (damaged and destroyed fleets don't count).

You get a 1 in 5 chance every turn you do assault of taking the planet.

Surplus on the planet is reduced every turn, dependent on how powerful the attacking fleet is.  I need to send a message to the defender about what he's lost.

I'm also considering adding destruction of upgrades too, but haven't done that yet.

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 5:27 PM, Zootcat <pistachio...@hotmail.com> wrote:
What happens to fleets of conquered planets? Does ownership transfer
to the conquerer or are they still controlled by the original player?

Zootcat

Jul 9, 2011, 9:51:43 PM7/9/11
to Dave's Galaxy
What do you mean by surplus?
If you attack with multiple fleets does that give you more than a 1 in
5 chance?

On Jul 8, 6:40 pm, Dave Case <dav3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Controlled by the original player.
>
> Oh, and  planetary assault -- I reviewed the code...
>
> Assault only occurs if the planet is not defended (damaged and destroyed
> fleets don't count).
>
> You get a 1 in 5 chance every turn you do assault of taking the planet.
>
> Surplus on the planet is reduced every turn, dependent on how powerful the
> attacking fleet is.  I need to send a message to the defender about what
> he's lost.
>
> I'm also considering adding destruction of upgrades too, but haven't done
> that yet.
>
> On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 5:27 PM, Zootcat <pistachio-ice-cr...@hotmail.com>wrote:
>
> > What happens to fleets of conquered planets? Does ownership transfer
> > to the conquerer or are they still controlled by the original player?
>
> --
> David Case
> Dav3...@gmail.comwww.davesgalaxy.com

Dave Case

Jul 9, 2011, 11:14:25 PM7/9/11
to daves-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, each fleet gets a 1 in 5 chance, once there's no defense.  It's pretty easy to put up enough defense to keep assault from happening, at least that's what I've noticed.

I'm thinking of adding an adjustment for planet population verses attack strength of the  fleet, so you can't take a 100 society planet with 16 million people with a frigate.  :)

Zootcat

Jul 12, 2011, 9:01:08 PM7/12/11
to Dave's Galaxy
What happens when a player logs in after they've been eliminated? Do
they reappear somewhere else with a new homeworld?

On Jul 9, 8:14 pm, Dave Case <dav3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, each fleet gets a 1 in 5 chance, once there's no defense.  It's pretty
> easy to put up enough defense to keep assault from happening, at least
> that's what I've noticed.
>
> I'm thinking of adding an adjustment for planet population verses attack
> strength of the  fleet, so you can't take a 100 society planet with 16
> million people with a frigate.  :)
>
> Dav3...@gmail.comwww.davesgalaxy.com

Zootcat

Aug 12, 2011, 11:23:08 PM8/12/11
to Dave's Galaxy
What happens when the there is 1 ship defending a planet and more than
one attacking? I mean, can one attacking fleet take out the defending
ship and then the second attacking ship assault the planet? Or would
the assault not occur until the next day?

Zootcat

Aug 12, 2011, 11:32:21 PM8/12/11
to Dave's Galaxy
I don't know how fleet to fleet combat works. Say, I've got two
fleets, 50 cruisers each. My opponent has one fleet with 100 cruisers.
What is the most likely outcome?

On Jul 9, 8:14 pm, Dave Case <dav3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, each fleet gets a 1 in 5 chance, once there's no defense.  It's pretty
> easy to put up enough defense to keep assault from happening, at least
> that's what I've noticed.
>
> I'm thinking of adding an adjustment for planet population verses attack
> strength of the  fleet, so you can't take a 100 society planet with 16
> million people with a frigate.  :)
>
> Dav3...@gmail.comwww.davesgalaxy.com

Dave Case

Aug 13, 2011, 2:14:50 PM8/13/11
to daves-...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 8:32 PM, Zootcat <pistachio...@hotmail.com> wrote:
I don't know how fleet to fleet combat works. Say, I've got two
fleets, 50 cruisers each. My opponent has one fleet with 100 cruisers.
What is the most likely outcome?

All combats are done individually, Running a combat with 50 vs. 100 cruisers gives
an average outcome of:

    f1:  cruisers: 17.66
    f2:  cruisers: 92.4

So the larger fleet has an advantage.  This would be more so with cruisers than other ship types, they are
not as well defended given their attack strength as other ships.

The same test with destroyers yields:

    f1:  destroyers: 25.24
    f2:  destroyers: 92.92

Naturally splitting your fleets up into many smaller fleets has it's own set of advantages, but purely
for the reasons of combat, firstest with the mostest prevails.

collider

Aug 14, 2011, 11:21:14 PM8/14/11
to Dave's Galaxy
I think the important part of that question was two fleets of 50 vs
100, not one.

On Aug 14, 4:14 am, Dave Case <dav3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dav3...@gmail.comwww.davesgalaxy.com

Dave Case

Aug 14, 2011, 11:42:08 PM8/14/11
to daves-...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 8:21 PM, collider <k.won...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think the important part of that question was two fleets of 50 vs
100, not one.

Combats are individual and consecutive, so the 2nd combat would be 92 vs. 50.

collider

Aug 15, 2011, 4:26:23 AM8/15/11
to Dave's Galaxy
Is there such thing as shooting first?

On Aug 15, 1:42 pm, Dave Case <dav3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dav3...@gmail.comwww.davesgalaxy.com

Zootcat

Aug 15, 2011, 10:59:48 PM8/15/11
to Dave's Galaxy
Am I understanding this correctly?: There are 4 enemy fleets at one of
my planets (1 destroyer, 100 cruisers, 13 cruisers, 1 cruiser). As
long as I continue to make just 1 scout a day, the enemy will never be
able to take my planet. Is that correct?