Village to AC mapping

Raphael Susewind

Apr 4, 2016, 2:28:26 AM4/4/16
to data...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

some time ago, we had a discussion of linking Census villages to
assembly constituencies; there is also a dataset in the datameet
catalog: https://github.com/datameet/catalog

Since this is not complete, though, and lacks Census ID codes, I have
generated a new table (through spatial matching); pull request here:

https://github.com/datameet/india-election-data/pull/16

Hope this is useful,
Raphael

--
Dr Raphael Susewind | Associate, Contemporary South Asia Studies, Oxford
Snail Mail | Melanchthonstr. 4a, 33615 Bielefeld, Germany

Please consider https://www.gnupg.org for encryption (key id 10AEE42F)

Naveen Bharathi

Jul 11, 2016, 7:49:09 AM7/11/16
to datameet

For my research I wanted the list of Assembly constituencies and their corresponding villages (from census directories) pre-delimitation and post-delimitation for Karnataka.
By any chance would you have the list for pre-limitation assembly segments and their corresponding census villages in the same way?

Raphael Susewind

Jul 12, 2016, 8:48:39 AM7/12/16
to data...@googlegroups.com
Dear Naveen,

yes, sure - I just pushed these to GitHub, pull request here:

https://github.com/datameet/india-election-data/pull/17

Best,
Raphael
> --
> ---

Raphael Susewind | Melanchthonstr. 4a, 33615 Bielefeld, Germany
| https://www.raphael-susewind.de
signature.asc

Raphael Susewind

Jul 13, 2016, 6:06:27 AM7/13/16
to data...@googlegroups.com
Dear Shafeeq,

thanks for noting this. Could you post your findings to the GitHub
README? I think it is important that others who might want to use that
data know about its limitations (I dont use it myself, merely posted in
on popular request).

The thing is: this is done through automated spatial matching, so there
is really nothing I can do about accuracy - I have a point cloud of
villages and AC polygon shapefiles, and merely let QGIS merge the two. I
cannot vouch for the accuracy of either the point cloud or the polygons
- they are proprietary, not my own creation...

Regards,
Raphael