New DataMapper Core Team member

Dan Kubb (dkubb)

Mar 17, 2011, 11:46:31 PM3/17/11
to DataMapper
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to officially welcome Piotr Solnica to the DataMapper Core
Team!

Piotr has been involved in DataMapper for several years now, and has
been doing some amazing work on the DataMapper Property API, heading
up our CI server configuration and many other areas. For those of you
who don't hang out in IRC, Piotr goes by the handle "solnic", and
@_solnic_ on twitter -- he's been extremely helpful inside the channel
and out.

One of the projects I'm most excited about in the DataMapper ecosystem
is the dm-mongo-adapter which Piotr has been working on. We're just in
the planning stages for the next DM release, but I believe that one of
the goals will be for the core team to work with Piotr to make sure
that MongoDB is a viable target, and supporting it without
compromising other adapters. In fact we've identified a few
abstractions that the dm-mongo-adapter will need that will greatly
benefit users of other adapters once they're available. I see no
reason why DataMapper cannot support MongoDB at least as well as it
does with the RDBMS datastores.

Here's some links to Piotr's github and twitter account in case you
would like to follow him online:

https://github.com/solnic/
http://twitter.com/_solnic_

--

Dan
(dkubb)

Martin Gamsjaeger

Mar 18, 2011, 4:23:11 AM3/18/11
to datam...@googlegroups.com
Congratz Piotr!

Finally it's official :D

cheers
snusnu

Marcin Kulik

Mar 18, 2011, 4:57:53 AM3/18/11
to DataMapper
Congrats! Great work!

On Mar 18, 9:23 am, Martin Gamsjaeger <gamsnj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Congratz Piotr!
>
> Finally it's official :D
>
> cheers
> snusnu

Jonathan Stott

Mar 18, 2011, 4:57:02 AM3/18/11
to datam...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations :)

Regards
Jon

Israel Ben Guilherme Fonseca

Mar 18, 2011, 6:58:51 AM3/18/11
to datam...@googlegroups.com
Here comes a new challenger! :)

Piotr Solnica

Mar 18, 2011, 3:43:48 PM3/18/11
to DataMapper
Thank you Dan and thank you all! I'll do my best and more :)

lancec...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2011, 7:05:48 PM3/18/11
to DataMapper
Congrats dude!!