Attn: Students - Google Summer of Code applications are due March 31st

Alexander Pico

Mar 10, 2008, 5:10:13 PM3/10/08
to Cytoscape-Announce, Cytoscape-Discuss
Want to write open source code?
  Want to make money?
    Want to do both?

In 2007 alone, Google Summer of Code brought together 900 students and nearly 1500 mentors across 90 countries to contribute to over 130 different open source software projects. We’re looking for mentors and students to join us in making 2008 the best Summer of Code yet! We’ll be offering successful student contributors a 4500 USD stipend, enabling them to focus on their coding projects for three months.

   Google will accept student applications from 24 - 31 March.

We are pleased to announce that GenMAPP is planning to participate again this year as one of the mentoring organizations. We will be serving as an umbrella organization for Cytoscape, GenMAPP-CS, and WikiPathways projects. These projects are at the intersection of Biology and Computer Science, enabling discovery through visualization and analysis of biological data in the context of pathways and networks.

Check out our Google Summer of Code "Ideas Page" to learn more about our projects and how to apply:

   http://conklinwolf.ucsf.edu/genmappwiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2008
GenMAPP-GSoC-flyer.pdf
GenMAPP-GSoC-flyer.pdf