Cytoscape 2.8.2 Released!

Alexander Pico

Aug 26, 2011, 9:04:05 PM8/26/11
to Cytoscape-Discuss, Cytostaff, Cytoscape-Announce
Hi Everyone,

The Cytoscape team is proud to announce the release of Cytoscape 2.8.2.  We
hope the changes will make the Cytoscape user experience more pleasant and
consistent. Here are a few of the things you'll find in this latest version:

* Improved Memory Allocation *
We have improved the memory detection and allocation process that occurs
when Cytoscape is first installed and launched. The process attempts to
optimize memory settings based on your hardware. The new process avoids
system crashes that were occurring with 2.8.1.

* New Gradient Editor *
We've overhauled the user interfaces controlling the mapping of continuous
values to visual styles, like Node Size and Node Color, to provide more
intuitive and consistent controls.

* Well-Behaved CytoPanels *
We revamped the behavior of CytoPanels so that each plugins preferred panel
size will be automatically fit when the user switches to them. A global
minimum size is set for all panels so that users can manually resize no
matter which panel they are viewing.

* Error Console Feature *
If your Cytoscape session starts acting funny, go to Help > Error Console.
You can now Save the console output as a single html file and attach it to
your helpdesk and discussion list posts.

-- The Cytoscape Team