Hello all

pathneel

Jun 19, 2008, 2:58:45 AM6/19/08
to CYTOPATHNET-L
Hope this is will be good forum for discussion

with regards
Dr Anil

Sullinger, Jana - MD

Jun 19, 2008, 7:43:28 AM6/19/08
to CYTOPA...@googlegroups.com
It has been a bit slow lately...but feel free to jump in! It certainly will not flood your email inbox (a good thing), but there are folks around if you really have a need. Take care....and welcome!

JCS
--------------------------
Jana C. Sullinger, MD
Medical Director of Women's Health Services
Medical Director of Quality Assurance
AmeriPath Alpha Rd
Chair, AmeriPath Women's Health Diagnostics Resource Committee
mailto:jsull...@ameripath.com
Ph: 972-934-4384
FAX: 972-404-2530
----------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

sf...@etex.net

Jun 19, 2008, 8:45:35 AM6/19/08
to CYTOPA...@googlegroups.com
How about if I start a new thread?

How many of you have your procedures in the Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) format?

As part of a consultation, I recently did QC/QA manuls for a hospital in CLSI format. Its very different, but goes smoothly once you get the hang of it.

Sandra K. Fite, CT(ASCX)

Jun 22, 2008, 10:35:14 PM6/22/08
to CYTOPATHNET-L
Sandra:

I agree. The format is so cumbersome, and it makes the job seem a lot
bigger when you have to update all of your procedures at one time (we
have an upcoming CAP inspection in the next few months.

"Will"

sf...@etex.net

Jun 23, 2008, 9:36:12 AM6/23/08
to CYTOPA...@googlegroups.com

I didn't say it was clumberson. It's different, but easier for techs to understand than paragraph form that have too many words. I see several advantages, such as the document number that lets you know the department, procedure #, version and the forms have a corresponding number that indicates the order of the forms.

Sandra

Jun 23, 2008, 9:42:49 AM6/23/08
to CYTOPA...@googlegroups.com
Sandra:

I am agreement. I was just saying, that initially, it takes a little getting use to. In my opinion, it has initially, being cumbersome, and yes, there are some advantages having your procedures in this format.

"Will"

Will Cavett, II, CT(ASCP)
Cytology Manager
Carilion Labs
the hospital lab company
whca...@carilion.com
to learn more about Carilion Labs, please visit http://www.carilion.com/

>>> <sf...@etex.net> 6/23/2008 9:36 AM >>>

JSullinger

Jun 28, 2008, 11:01:53 AM6/28/08
to CYTOPATHNET-L
Sandra, could you perhaps include some links to the key CLSI documents
that folks might need in the Lab, ie. the CLSI document that would
assist them with implementation of a Quality Management System,
Document Management and Control, and CAP related document numbers?
Perhaps I could take that info, and start a reference page on the main
CYTOPATHNET site. Would be a good resource?

On Jun 19, 7:45 am, <sf...@etex.net> wrote:
> How about if I start a new thread?
>
> How many of you have your procedures in the Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) format?
>
> As part of a consultation, I recently did QC/QA manuls for a hospital in CLSI format.  Its very different, but goes smoothly once you get the hang of it.
>
> Sandra K. Fite, CT(ASCX)

Sandra Fite

Jun 28, 2008, 4:27:23 PM6/28/08
to CYTOPA...@googlegroups.com
I will see what I can do. Basically you have to buy the book that CAP sells
at their website. I was lucky enough to get some copies of pages and
examples of procedures and went with that.

Sandra

Sandra Fite

Jun 28, 2008, 5:04:07 PM6/28/08
to CYTOPA...@googlegroups.com
http://www.clsi.org/source/orders/index.cfm?section=Shop&task=3&CATEGORY=GP&
PRODUCT_TYPE=SALES&SKU=GP02A5&DESCRIPTION=General%20Laboratory%20Practices&F
indSpec=&CFTOKEN=24028355&continue=1&SEARCH_TYPE=find

This is where you buy it. I was confused is my earlier response. The CAP
publication I was thinking about that is needed to write procedures the way
they are expected to be done is "Quality management in Anatomic Pathology"
and it is at the CAP website.

Sandra

Jul 1, 2008, 11:17:03 AM7/1/08
to CYTOPA...@googlegroups.com
I found a article about the CLSI format for procedures in Laboratory
Medicine, July 2006 in the Quality Qorner pages 411-412. You can find it on
a Google search.

Sandra Fite