another reply to Foolness' questions

Joseph Dantes

Aug 23, 2011, 11:22:40 PM8/23/11
to cybor...@googlegroups.com

"This may be a case of differing interpretation but GTD does not have priorities or statuses. This is more of the extension of most GTD apps being to-do list software and also because users tend to ask for these features to feel comfortable with sorting tasks."

GTD the book has some statuses, but not priorities.

"For example, if you need to do something with your wife, it’s “@Wife’s name, give her gift at 10 am”."

In deference to the limitations of current computer tools, Cyborganize dispenses with contexts and datestamps. If you need them, use a dedicated GTD app for that subset of your tasks. Or a calendar.

"Longform Loop seems to be unique but unlike GTD terms, Cyborganize doesn’t appear to teach a user how to make Longform loops unique to themselves where as Inboxes are unique based on where you put your items and Weekly Reviews is unique in that you not only set the week you review your items, it can be a fail safe task when you are overloaded.""

The Longform Loop becomes populated by whatever you write about a lot, and categorized according to the natural groupings that emerge. There's really nothing to teach.

"My mistake. I guess if there’s no special effect then the question falls into what T2’s importance is. Why wouldn’t a 2 step transition be as effective as a 3 step transition?"

The transition from T3 to T2 is hard enough, going from rambles to focused organized single posts. Trying to turn rambles into books would be even harder. Personally I use further distinctions of 2.5 and 1.5 to denote quality levels, and have blogs as staging areas for intermediate quality levels.

"Well some users prefer search based style notetaking and this was related to the special effect of transitioning and I didn’t want to discount that and I wanted to focus on the implications of frictionless.
If there’s no special transition wouldn’t the switch to T3 to T1 be very friction heavy? Many users could barely be able to start blogs but for them to convert random blogs to a wiki...well that seems like a task in itself."

Yes writing is hard, that's why we have so many tools in Cyborganize to make it easier. You don't have to write if you don't want to.

"So let me just rephrase to check if I’m understanding correctly. Cyborganize is a productivity system based on speeding up the method of manipulating any productivity system by utilizing the fastest applications around?"

No, it IS the productivity system.

"As an analogy for example, Cyborganize would be a person who goes from using the mouse to browse the web to going full keyboard. It’s specifically dealing with the task of speeding up say… notetaking and outlining rather than dealing with the delivery and reception of the actual tasks."

No, I don't use keyboard to browse the web and I wouldn't recommend it. Cyborganize is the system described at cyborganize.org

"Inbox to Blog to Wiki and the loops are talking about the blog and how Brainstorm works and it’s not like GTD and other productivity system where GTD is exclusive and GTD app means an app that tries to follow the principles of GTD."

Cyborganize is like GTD except that there are specific software requirements.