Binary

Kolberg-Cafe

Feb 4, 2011, 9:53:33 AM2/4/11
to Cyberduck
I have a problem in uploading .js and .php-Files to my Webserver
(shared): Often the files are classified as 'corrupt'. So I wanted to
try the binary-mode for uploading, but in the actual stable Cyberduck
I can't find this option? Do I need new glasses?

David Kocher

Feb 4, 2011, 10:24:19 AM2/4/11
to cybe...@googlegroups.com
We no more support FTP ASCII transfers since the latest release. All files are uploaded as-is without any text conversion as binary.

-
David

> --
> Post bug reports and feature requests
> http://trac.cyberduck.ch/newticket
> --
> Support development
> http://cyberduck.ch/donate/

Kolberg-Cafe

Feb 4, 2011, 11:11:16 AM2/4/11
to Cyberduck
Thank you for that information. Are there other possible reasons for
these corrupt files?

Thanks
Jens

On Feb 4, 4:24 pm, David Kocher <dkoc...@cyberduck.ch> wrote:
> We no more support FTP ASCII transfers since the latest release. All files are uploaded as-is without any text conversion as binary.
>
> -
> David
>
> On 04.02.2011, at 15:53, Kolberg-Cafe wrote:
>

> > I have a problem in uploading .js and .php-Files to my Webserver
> > (shared): Often the files are classified as 'corrupt'. So I wanted to
> > try the binary-mode for uploading, but in the actual stable Cyberduck
> > I can't find this option? Do I need new glasses?
>
> > --
> > Post bug reports and feature requests
> >http://trac.cyberduck.ch/newticket
> > --
> > Support development
> >http://cyberduck.ch/donate/
>

>  smime.p7s
> 5KViewDownload

SkipHuffman

Feb 4, 2011, 11:29:40 AM2/4/11
to Cyberduck
Uploading a binary file as ASCII will corrupt the file in any
client.

(ASCII (which just means text) files only contain Letters, Numbers,
and some control characters. Only 128 characters are possible. This
means that seven bits are enough to identify each character. So if
your store or transmit an ascii string (like a file) every eighth bit
is always a zero. Back when connections were slow, it was useful to
tell the FTP server that you were sending just text and it would
insert a zero after every seven bits that you sent, this would make
your file transfer 1/8th faster. Not very important now, but in the
days of 300baud modems, it could matter.)

Kolberg-Cafe

Feb 4, 2011, 11:42:41 AM2/4/11
to Cyberduck
Thank's a lot. Learning every day... :-)

Okay: The FTP-Connection doesn't seems the source of my problems. I
will have a closer look on the files.

Thank you very much,
Jens