Cyberduck 4.1.3 crash on launch, and a fix

Dan McKean

Nov 7, 2011, 1:27:12 PM11/7/11
to Cyberduck
I just recently reinstalled Mac OS X 10.6.8, and added the recent
Cyberduck 4.1.3 release... and much to my dismay it crashed on
launch.

Looking at Console, it was getting this error:
dmckean-imac [0x0-0x243243].ch.sudo.cyberduck[6699]:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: jnidispatch (/com/sun/jna/darwin/
libjnidispatch.jnilib) not found in resource path

I did try editing the location in the plist (http://trac.cyberduck.ch/
changeset/9098 has details) but that didn't work.

What did work was to update Java. I manually downloaded the Java
update and installed from here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1360.
This Java update wasn't presented to me when I ran Software Update, by
the way, and after running it the version of Java was updated from
1.6.0_16 to 1.6.0_26 (and no doubt cleaned up some stuff too.)

Once that install completed, I was able to successfully launch
Cyberduck 4.1.3

Hope this helps someone.

Dan

David Kocher