DroidEx on the Mac

faber

Feb 24, 2009, 6:53:26 PM2/24/09
to cw-android
I was following the directions over on http://androidguys.com/?p=3519
to get DroidEx working on my MacBook running Leopard.

The Mac GAE package is different than the Linux package; there is no
ddmlib.jar file; at least I couldn't find one on my hard drive.
Copying the one from my Linux box worked just fine.

Also, I didn't need to do anything to/with the CLASSPATH (which is non-
existent, BTW). I put both jar files in the same directory and ran
the command

java -cp DroidEx.jar:ddmlib.jar com.commonsware.droidex.DroidEx

and it came up fine, well, once I plugged in my Dev phone, that is.

FWIW

Mark Murphy

Feb 24, 2009, 6:56:13 PM2/24/09
to cw-an...@googlegroups.com

Glad to hear it works! Nothing like Java's WORAWBOPINNA (Write Once, Run
A Whole Bunch Of Places If Not Necessarily Anywhere)! ;-)

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com

Android Training on the Ranch! -- Mar 16-20, 2009
http://www.bignerdranch.com/schedule.shtml

gasolin

Feb 25, 2009, 2:20:47 AM2/25/09
to cw-android
Hello, my process is simpler:

Prerequisite:

Download http://groups.google.com/group/cw-android/web/DroidEx.jar

1. Connect G1 to your MAC
2. Open Eclipse
3. Enter your android_sdk/tool folder, and type the following command:

$ java -cp DroidEx.jar:lib/ddmlib.jar com.commonsware.droidex.DroidEx

Done!

--
gasolin

Kumar

Mar 19, 2009, 10:52:47 PM3/19/09
to cw-android
Really a fantastic tool. Thanks for the contribution.

Currently we are using this tool to demo our remote developers to show
the exact bugs on the physical phone.

Kumar

On Feb 25, 2:20 am, gasolin <gaso...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, my process is simpler:
>
> Prerequisite:
>
> Downloadhttp://groups.google.com/group/cw-android/web/DroidEx.jar

Mark Murphy

Mar 20, 2009, 6:45:13 AM3/20/09
to cw-an...@googlegroups.com
> Really a fantastic tool. Thanks for the contribution.
>
> Currently we are using this tool to demo our remote developers to show
> the exact bugs on the physical phone.

That's an interesting use of DroidEx -- I had not considered that before.
Glad to hear it is helping!

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 2.0 Available!