Getting cucumber-jvm (Java) working with Gradle

Rakesh

Feb 17, 2012, 12:32:28 PM2/17/12
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm keen to get this to work and so have created an initial project on GitHub:

https://github.com/FinalFive/cucumber-jvm-java-example

The project so far has the DateCalculator code from the main project.
I've added a basic JUnit test to as well as resource directories.

Right now, IntelliJ seems happy to run the cucumber test and report failures.

However running 'gradle build' seems to detect the RunCukesTest class
but then tries to run methods of it (of which there are none) so
something is going run in the bridge between the two.

I will start debugging to find out what the problem is and also post
on the Gradle forums to see if they can help. If any of you manage to
get it working, please let me know.

If this project eventually works, I'm also thinking of doing a Groovy
example too. It could be the base for a project for others and verify
the different implementations.

Cheers

Rakesh

PS will add to the readme tonight and push to GitHub. I think its
importnant to list versions of Gradle/Groovy that are being used.