Background fails, yet my build succeeds

SirLenz0rlot

Dec 19, 2011, 12:59:27 PM12/19/11
to Cukes
Hi all.

I've already asked my question somewhere else, but I would like to
hear your thoughts on it:

I was wondering about something, cucumber returns an exit code 0
(which means "ok" as far as i know) when a Background fails.

Now failing steps shouldn't probably be in the Background (at best in
a 'before'-hook i guess??). But does anybody know with what philosophy
it returns this exit code? Is it a bug or a feature?

The original question with a code example
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8559694/cucumber-background-fails-still-exits-with-code-0/8563041

Matt Wynne

Dec 21, 2011, 6:37:50 AM12/21/11
to cu...@googlegroups.com

That is a bug. If anything fails, Cucumber should return a non-zero exit status.

cheers,
Matt

--
Freelance programmer & coach
Author, http://pragprog.com/book/hwcuc/the-cucumber-book (with Aslak Hellesøy)

SirLenz0rlot

Dec 22, 2011, 2:12:56 AM12/22/11
to Cukes
Thanks for your response.
Is this a known bug?

I couldn't find one in the issue list similar, so I've made a new one