DropDown Menu Animated Active Tab and Cufon

nolimit

Jan 13, 2011, 6:15:50 PM1/13/11
to cufón
Hi everyone,
I have a drop-down menu which has animation effects for its main
buttons. the hover effect is working good when the mouse over a button
and while moving from button to another.

The problem comes when I point to the drop-down and then move the
mouse out , the parent button never back to it's style .. when I
removed Cufon everything worked great.

here is the example : http://216.81.64.161/cufon2.htm

I tried to manage the style issue on the Cufon replacement code like
this http://216.81.64.161/cufon3.htm
but still no god results.

Thank you all in advance

nolimit

Jan 14, 2011, 9:54:22 AM1/14/11
to cufón
any chance for this issue guys?

nolimit

Jan 14, 2011, 8:36:55 PM1/14/11
to cufón
Please Note: I'm not animating the text .. just the background

Simo Kinnunen

Jan 14, 2011, 11:22:42 PM1/14/11
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Dropdowns are tricky. Please try:

Cufon.replace('ul.navigation > li', {
hover: true,
hoverables: {
li: true
},
ignore: {
div: true
}
});

Simo

nolimit

Jan 15, 2011, 7:31:59 PM1/15/11
to cufón
Hi Simo,
Thanks a million Simo .. Can't imagine Cufon without your value
support :) .. as you said it's very tricky no chance with my Cufon
knowledge.

It worked great and here's the result http://216.81.64.161/cufon4.htm.

There's small flickering of the dropdowns in IE6 but it's not a Cufon
Issue (the button effect but can't catch) but working fine in all
other browsers.

And I have a question for you, do you know why if your mouse is coming
from the browser top bar/tabs to point to the buttons of the page ..
do you know why Cufon not render the text (ex. Firefox , Chrome).

Again, many thanks for your time

dekelly

Jan 17, 2011, 9:07:02 AM1/17/11
to cufón
I just described this same problem in another related thread and have
just tried to implement this in a chain statement but cufon was not
applied to the topnav in all browsers so I think I got the syntax
wrong.

Original statement
Cufon.set('fontFamily', 'MyriadPro').replace('.menu', {fontWeight:
'600', hover: true})('#page #central #sidebar ul.nav', {hover: true})
('h2');

Modified statement
Cufon.set('fontFamily', 'MyriadPro').replace('.menu', {fontWeight:
'600', hover: true, hoverables: {li: true},
ignore: {div: true} })('#page #central #sidebar ul.nav', {hover:
true})('h2');

Danielle