:hover is here!

Simo Kinnunen

Mar 18, 2009, 8:44:02 PM3/18/09
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

:hover's here. I've added quick instructions to the Styling section of
the wiki (http://wiki.github.com/sorccu/cufon/styling). It's quite
solid, but if you do find a bug or an issue that should be mentioned
in the docs, please let me know.

Unfortunately there are no examples for now, but it should be rather
simple. Just drop in a new (fully backwards compatible) cufon-yui.js
and try it out!

There's also pretty much no performance penalty involved. In fact you
may even see speed improvements of up to 30% in Internet Explorer.

Simo

craze

Mar 18, 2009, 9:59:19 PM3/18/09
to cufón
Great!

sIFR is out, welcome Cufón!

~craze
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Sorccu

Mar 19, 2009, 4:56:52 AM3/19/09
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hi patte,

Actually it isn't a new feature - it's always been like that. But only
in Internet Explorer (both 6 and 7).

Anyway, :hover issue #1: it may appear to be slightly "laggy" in IE if
you have many links close to each other and you move your mouse
quickly over all/many of them. I'll see what can I can do about that.

Also, sad news of the day: according to Gizmodo IE8 is going to be
released today (http://i.gizmodo.com/5174570/internet-explorer-8-gets-all-final-to-join-new-browser-party).
Hopefully they'll have fixed the bug I reported (VML being very slow)
but we'll just have to wait and see.

Simo

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:10 AM, patte
<patrick...@ehrlich-werben.com> wrote:

> ....selectable text in IE7 ? Is it just a bug on my computer or a new
> feature we are waiting for? For me it is working ;-)

Sorccu

Mar 19, 2009, 6:51:18 AM3/19/09
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

There will be a new version later today (possibly tomorrow) that
should fix the sometimes "flickery" lag issue in Internet Explorer.
Especially navigation links seem to have this issue. Meanwhile you can
either leave :hover on and just replace cufon-yui.js when a newer one
is available, or you can disable :hover by removing hover: true from
the options. It's disabled by default.

Simo

solomax

May 10, 2009, 5:57:49 PM5/10/09
to cufón
I have found kind of a bug, probably...

I have enabled hover and it's working in all browsers, but not in IE 7
(didn't test 8 yet). In IE the link changes color only when I roll
over the lines of the letters, if the mouse points into a space
between letters or inside an O for example, the hover state does not
appear...

Does anybody have a solution for this?
Thanks!

On Mar 19, 12:51 pm, Sorccu <sor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> There will be a new version later today (possibly tomorrow) that
> should fix the sometimes "flickery" lag issue in Internet Explorer.
> Especially navigation links seem to have this issue. Meanwhile you can
> either leave :hoveron and just replace cufon-yui.js when a newer one
> is available, or you can disable :hoverby removinghover: true from
> the options. It's disabled by default.
>
> Simo
>
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Sorccu <sor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi patte,
>
> > Actually it isn't a new feature - it's always been like that. But only
> > in Internet Explorer (both 6 and 7).
>
> > Anyway, :hoverissue #1: it may appear to be slightly "laggy" in IE if
> > you have many links close to each other and you move your mouse
> > quickly over all/many of them. I'll see what can I can do about that.
>
> > Also, sad news of the day: according to Gizmodo IE8 is going to be
> > released today (http://i.gizmodo.com/5174570/internet-explorer-8-gets-all-final-to-jo...).
> > Hopefully they'll have fixed the bug I reported (VML being very slow)
> > but we'll just have to wait and see.
>
> > Simo
>
> > On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:10 AM, patte
> > <patrick.ehrl...@ehrlich-werben.com> wrote:
>
> >> ....selectable text in IE7 ? Is it just a bug on my computer or a new
> >> feature we are waiting for? For me it is working ;-)

Simo Kinnunen

May 10, 2009, 6:07:53 PM5/10/09
to cu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It's a hasLayout thing, and it's mentioned in the docs. Links must
have layout (http://reference.sitepoint.com/css/haslayout) in order
for :hover to work properly. Possibly the easiest way to do that is to
set display: inline-block for the links, and it validates as well. An
even more sure-fire way is to use zoom: 1, but it isn't valid CSS.

Simo

solomax

May 11, 2009, 3:23:17 AM5/11/09
to cufón
Hello Simo!

Thank you very much for your kind reply! Sorry for bothering you!