Milepost-gcc patch and CCC configuration issue

Abdul Wahid Memon

Apr 27, 2010, 6:45:09 AM4/27/10
to ctuning-discussions, Grigori Fursin
Hello everyone

I tried to compile the linux kernel with milepost-gcc 4.4.3 but there was a little bug. I have created and applied the patch and now you can compile the linux kernel with milepost-gcc to get the best out of it.

Some one also pointed out about the configuration files not created in CCC framework. I am looking on it and hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Regards

Abdul

Grigori Fursin

Apr 27, 2010, 7:13:46 AM4/27/10
to ctuning-d...@googlegroups.com, Grigori Fursin

Great! Thanks a lot!!!

Grigori

Abdul Wahid Memon

May 4, 2010, 2:38:17 PM5/4/10
to ctuning-d...@googlegroups.com, Grigori Fursin
Hello everyone

The problem of not properly producing configuration files when configuring different element of CCC framework during install or post-install have been resolved and now CCC configuration is done without any hurdles.

The issue was occuring only when one was configuring the CCC framework without the usage of Mysql database. Its a personal view of everyone but without database, CCC framework is like a half mind.

Regards

Abdul

Grigori Fursin

May 4, 2010, 9:54:54 PM5/4/10
to Abdul Wahid Memon, ctuning-d...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, Abdul!

Can you please post patches here – I will check and comment on them

whenever I have spare time. Also, whoever uses CCC framework

may check them too in the mean time ...

Cheers,

Grigori

Abdul Wahid Memon

May 5, 2010, 12:15:08 PM5/5/10
to Grigori Fursin, ctuning-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone

Here are the patch files for CCC framework. They are four in number.

*** /root/ccc-dbg/ccc-configure-compiler.sh Tue May 4 19:36:31 2010
--- /root/ccc-dbg1/ccc-configure-compiler.sh Tue May 4 19:41:42 2010
***************
*** 76,90 ****
###### read database info ######
if [ -z "$CCC_URL" ] ; then
echo "CCC_URL = \"\"."
! echo "If you would like to use database, "
! echo "install and configure it using appropriate installation script..."
! rm -f *.tmp
! return
! exit
! fi
!
. ccc--db-cur-info.sh
!

if [ ! -z "$CCC_URL" ] ; then
echo ""
--- 76,84 ----
###### read database info ######
if [ -z "$CCC_URL" ] ; then
echo "CCC_URL = \"\"."
! else
. ccc--db-cur-info.sh
! fi

if [ ! -z "$CCC_URL" ] ; then
echo ""

*** /root/ccc-dbg/ccc-configure-environment.sh Tue May 4 20:22:28 2010
--- /root/ccc-dbg1/ccc-configure-environment.sh Tue May 4 20:21:22 2010
***************
*** 79,85 ****
echo "CCC_URL = \"\"."
else
. ccc--db-cur-info.sh
! fi
###### check if environment exists ######

echo "select * from ENVIRONMENTS where
(ENVIRONMENT_ID=\"$CCC_ENVIRONMENT_ID\")" > $FILE_CCC_TMP
--- 79,85 ----
echo "CCC_URL = \"\"."
else
. ccc--db-cur-info.sh
!
###### check if environment exists ######

echo "select * from ENVIRONMENTS where
(ENVIRONMENT_ID=\"$CCC_ENVIRONMENT_ID\")" > $FILE_CCC_TMP
***************
*** 204,206 ****
--- 203,206 ----
mysql -h $CCC_C_URL -u $CCC_C_USER --password=$CCC_C_PASS $CCC_C_SSL
$CCC_C_DB < $FILE_CCC_TMP

rm -f *.tmp
+ fi

*** /root/ccc-dbg/ccc-configure-runtime-environment.sh Tue May 4 19:37:21 2010
--- /root/ccc-dbg1/ccc-configure-runtime-environment.sh Tue May 4 19:40:42 2010
***************
*** 70,84 ****
###### read database info ######
if [ -z "$CCC_URL" ] ; then
echo "CCC_URL = \"\"."
! echo "If you would like to use database, "
! echo "install and configure it using appropriate installation script..."
! rm -f *.tmp
! return
! exit
! fi
!
. ccc--db-cur-info.sh
!
if [ ! -z "$CCC_URL" ] ; then
echo ""
echo "Would you like to check if the same runtime environment
exists in the database (Y/N)?"
--- 70,78 ----
###### read database info ######
if [ -z "$CCC_URL" ] ; then
echo "CCC_URL = \"\"."
! else
. ccc--db-cur-info.sh
! fi
if [ ! -z "$CCC_URL" ] ; then
echo ""
echo "Would you like to check if the same runtime environment
exists in the database (Y/N)?"

*** /root/ccc-dbg/ccc-configure-set-environment.sh Tue May 4 19:39:30 2010
--- /root/ccc-dbg1/ccc-configure-set-environment.sh Tue May 4 19:40:13 2010
***************
*** 64,72 ****
if [ -z "$CCC_URL" ] ; then
echo ""
echo "CCC_URL = \"\"."
- rm -f *.tmp
- return
- exit
else
. ccc--db-cur-info.sh
fi
--- 64,69 ----
***************
*** 107,112 ****
--- 104,110 ----
echo "export CCC_PLATFORM_ID=$CCC_PLATFORM_ID" >> $fenv
echo "export CCC_ENVIRONMENT_ID=$CCC_ENVIRONMENT_ID" >> $fenv
echo "export CCC_RUNS=2" >> $fenv
+ if [ "$CCC_URL" ] ; then
echo "export CCC_C_URL=$CCC_C_URL" >> $fenv
echo "export CCC_C_DB=$CCC_C_DB" >> $fenv
echo "export CCC_C_USER=$CCC_C_USER" >> $fenv
***************
*** 126,131 ****
--- 124,130 ----
echo "export CCC_CTS_DB=$CCC_CTS_DB" >> $fenv
echo "export CCC_CTS_USER=$CCC_CTS_USER" >> $fenv
echo "export CCC_CTS_PASS=$CCC_CTS_PASS" >> $fenv
+ fi
echo "export CCC_UUID=$CCC_UUID" >> $fenv

echo "" >> $fenv

Regards

Abdul
> <mailto:ctuning-discussions%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/ctuning-discussions?hl=en.

Grigori Fursin

May 15, 2010, 7:51:24 AM5/15/10
to ctuning-d...@googlegroups.com, Grigori Fursin, Yuriy Kashnikov
Hi Abdul, et al.

Thanks for the patches - I finally cleaned the CCC framework,
integrated your patches, fixed a few more bugs and changed
milepost-gcc wrapper with ctuning-cc wrapper to be able to
call milepost-gcc for feature extraction and then any other
compiler on demand thus enabling machine learning to
optimize programs in any available compiler.

I attached the CCC release candidate.
Can you please check that you can install the framework
with and without database and compile all programs?

Later I will send an update on how to use ctuning-cc ...

Thanks,
Grigori
CCC_V2.5_Build_1019.tar.gz

Abdul Wahid Memon

May 15, 2010, 2:26:38 PM5/15/10
to ctuning-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sir

I have checked the new attached version and its working fine with and without database usage. The configuration files are properly being generated. Waiting for your update on new wrapper.

Regards

Abdul

Grigori Fursin

May 15, 2010, 2:33:00 PM5/15/10
to ctuning-d...@googlegroups.com

Perfect! Thanks!

Abdul Wahid Memon

May 15, 2010, 6:02:30 PM5/15/10
to ctuning-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sir

I was just installing xorg-server on gentoo and I detected one package which was containing spaces within the the value of -D switch and it is posing the problem while compiling the package. May be there is still a need to update the wrapper.

Regards

Abdul

Grigori Fursin

May 16, 2010, 2:17:39 AM5/16/10
to ctuning-d...@googlegroups.com

Ok. Thanks for the update!

I am still adding some missing functionality so there is a bit of time - so if you can fix it,

please send me a patch!..