Test writing day recap

1 view

Neil Muller

Jun 7, 2009, 10:35:26 AM6/7/09
to ctpug
The focus on the test wirting day was on ElementTree - we uncovered a
few bugs in the process, so the following issues were filed/ touched:

http://bugs.python.org/issue2746 (existing issue (processing
instruction) - patch & test case added)
http://bugs.python.org/issue6230 (repr bug)
http://bugs.python.org/issue6231 (ElementInclude bug)
http://bugs.python.org/issue6232 (suggested improvements to
test_xml_etree.py and test_xml_etree_c.py

--
Neil Muller
drnlm...@gmail.com

I've got a gmail account. Why haven't I become cool?

Jeremy Thurgood

Jun 8, 2009, 6:15:35 AM6/8/09
to ct...@googlegroups.com
style="font-family: -moz-fixed"><pre wrap>Neil Muller wrote:
on the test wirting day was on ElementTree - we uncovered a
few bugs in the process, so the following issues were filed/ touched:

http://bugs.python.org/issue2746 (existing issue (processing

instruction) - patch& test case added)

http://bugs.python.org/issue6230 (repr bug)
http://bugs.python.org/issue6231 (ElementInclude bug)
http://bugs.python.org/issue6232 (suggested improvements to
test_xml_etree.py and test_xml_etree_c.py

I didn't see any comments about the cElementTree {Expat,Syntax}Error and
bug_xmltoolkit55 issues. Should those be separate bugs or comments on
issue6232?

--J

Jeremy Thurgood

Jun 8, 2009, 6:20:39 AM6/8/09
to ct...@googlegroups.com
Jeremy Thurgood wrote:
> [Some horrible HTML crap]

Eep! My mail client broke something. Trying again with a real text version:

Neil Muller wrote:
> The focus
> on the test wirting day was on ElementTree - we uncovered a
> few bugs in the process, so the following issues were filed/ touched:
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue2746 (existing issue (processing
> instruction) - patch& test case added)
> http://bugs.python.org/issue6230 (repr bug)
> http://bugs.python.org/issue6231 (ElementInclude bug)
> http://bugs.python.org/issue6232 (suggested improvements to
> test_xml_etree.py and test_xml_etree_c.py

I didn't see any comments about the cElementTree {Expat,Syntax}Error and

bug_xmltoolkit55 issues. Should those be separate bugs or comments on
issue6232?

--J

Neil Muller

Jun 8, 2009, 7:39:08 AM6/8/09
to ct...@googlegroups.com
On 6/8/09, Jeremy Thurgood <jerith...@jerith.za.net> wrote:
> I didn't see any comments about the cElementTree {Expat,Syntax}Error and
> bug_xmltoolkit55 issues. Should those be separate bugs or comments on
> issue6232?

I'm inclined to say they should be filed as separate issues, and the
new issues should be mentioned in issue6232.

We should also extend the tests to cover
http://bugs.python.org/issue3409 & http://bugs.python.org/issue1777