Andersen Certified as Clean Elections Candidate for Special Election Campaign, Stratford’s 120th Assembly District

Dave Mooney

Feb 2, 2010, 11:16:03 AM2/2/10

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

January 25, 2010

CONTACT:

David Mooney

Campaign Manager

(203) 645-2900

dmo...@gmail.com

Janice Andersen

(203) 375-6455

anderse...@gmail.com

Andersen Certified as Clean Elections Candidate for Special Election Campaign, Stratford’s 120th Assembly District

STRATFORD - Janice Andersen, Democratic candidate for State Representative, has been certified as a Clean Elections Candidate by the State Elections Enforcement Commission (SEEC) following a unanimous vote by the commission on January 22nd. Andersen’s campaign is now eligible to receive a $19,500 grant from the Citizens Election Program.

“I am absolutely humbled to have received the support of so many people in our community in such a short period of time,” Andersen stated.  “I think people are excited to have someone running for office who will stand up for their interests—and that’s exactly what I’m going to do.”

Andersen qualified for the grant in one of the shortest periods in the program’s history--just two weeks after fundraising efforts began. Candidates who are certified to participate in the program do not accept contributions from lobbyists, corporations or state contractors, keeping their campaigns free from the taint of special interest money.

“As I’ve been going door-to-door, the one thing I’ve heard more than anything else is that politicians in Hartford are out of touch with the people in our town,” said Andersen. “People want a representative who puts families first because when times are tough it’s working class families who get hit the first and get hit the hardest.” She added, “I’m someone who listens to people, builds coalitions and will work hard to produce real results in Hartford.”

Andersen is the Democratic candidate for State Representative, running in the special election being held on March 2nd, 2010. Andersen is deputy director of RYASAP, a regional non-profit and in 2009 was appointed by Governor Rell to the Deptartment of Children and Families State Advisory Council. Andersen also recently completing a four-year term on the Stratford Board of Education. Andersen is the mother of two daughters, and resides in Paradise Green.

###

Paid for by Andersen 2010, Aubrey Kyburz, Treasurer. Approved by Janice Andersen