Ex General: If I Am Extradited, I Am Dead

CroRadio.net

Nov 10, 2007, 6:44:35 PM11/10/07
to Croatian News
http://www.javno.com

GENERAL'S EXTRADITION
Ex General: If I Am Extradited, I Am Dead
In an interview for the weekly News, general Zagorec claimed that he
will be killed if extradited to Croatia.

Joseph Stedul

Hina
file photo

If I am extradited, I am dead, said the retired Croatian general
Vladimir Zagorec in an interview for the Austrian weekly "News",
published on Saturday, called "Political-bomb from Croatia". Zagorec
talks about his extradition and Austrian weapons for Croatia, and said
that his biggest opponent is the Croatian president Stjepan Mesic.

"The president's advisor tried to blackmail me, and said that if I
turn over documents against political rivals that the court process
against me would be stopped. I have this recorded on a DVD and it is
now in Strasbourg", said Zagorec.

When asked if his life was in danger, Zagorec answered: "Absolutely, I
have written evidence from the Croatian and Austrian police".

Zagorec says that he knows who would kill him if he were to be held in
custody in Remetinec, in Zagreb.

"This was also confirmed by Mr. Perkovic, in a conversation in Vienna.
If this is confirmed by the president's advisor for national security,
then the threat is real, just like the fact that I was beaten up in
2003 and the case was never solved, as well as the fact that my son
was kidnapped", he said.

When he was asked why the Croatian president has such an interest in
him, he said: "The president wants to stop me from doing something
political against him, and wants me in jail so I can be physically and
psychologically broken. He wants to get his hands on documents from
the Tudjman era at all costs, and is convinced that I have them".

Zagorec also mentioned that Austria sold weapons to Croatia during the
UN embargo.

More information related to Zagorec's extradition suspension HERE.
[url]http://www.javno.com/en/croatia/clanak.php?id=96734[/url]
More information on Zagorec's comments about Austrian weapons supplied
to Croatia HERE.
[url]http://www.javno.com/en/croatia/clanak.php?id=96302[/url]
Published: November 10, 2007 15:27h