Call for Volunteers in DC Next 24 Hours

Nona Lambert

Feb 27, 2010, 3:23:46 PM2/27/10
to crisismap...@googlegroups.com, joseph.c....@gmail.com, agol...@digital-democracy.org
Dear Ushahidi volunteers and friends,

As many of you know, Ushahidi is working on setting up a short-term response for the earthquake in Chile.  We will be setting up a short code in Chile and turning the operation over to a Chilean organization very soon, but in the short term we need volunteers to help with media monitoring at our new situation room in Washington, DC.

Beginning at 4 pm and through the rest of the weekend, we will be at the office of Fortius One at 2200 Wilson Blvd, Ste. 307 in Arlington, near the Courthouse metro station.  Please stop by to help, especially if you speak Spanish or have knowledge of Chile and/or Chilean media resources or have experience crisis mapping.  Again, this is very short term and we need people this weekend.  Hope to see you there!

Best wishes,

Nona

--
Nona Lambert
Ushahidi @ Tufts

--
Nona Lambert
Master of Arts in Law and Diplomacy 2010