Chile Map sources

Mike Swope

Feb 27, 2010, 2:27:00 PM2/27/10
to crisismap...@googlegroups.com
The google docs document seems to be lacking in the map department.
Does anyone have (or know of a souce of) the topo maps of the area that are produced by Instituto Geografico Militar de Chile (igm.cl) or those produced by NGA (nga.mil)?

Mike
-Volunteer of GIS services

Marten Hogeweg

Feb 27, 2010, 3:07:47 PM2/27/10
to crisismap...@googlegroups.com

Check also the GEO Portal developed for the Group on Earth Observations:

http://geoss.esri.com/geoportal/rest/find/document?bbox=-95.5246%2C-49.4625%2C-46.0839%2C-19.2488&spatialRel=esriSpatialRelWithin&f=georss

Alternatively use f=html, f=kml for other formats.

Marten

Marten Hogeweg

Feb 27, 2010, 3:12:53 PM2/27/10
to crisismap...@googlegroups.com

Additional resources available at ArcGIS Online:

http://www.arcgisonline.com/home/search.html?t=content&q=chile

Marten

The google docs document seems to be lacking in the map department.

Chris

Feb 27, 2010, 7:38:48 PM2/27/10
to CrisisMappers-Chile
Thanks to Bruce Willet in Chile for this first snippet via slow modem;
he will be downloading more overnight..

http://maps.geography.uc.edu/~cgn/maps/Chile/vectors/

Chris Nicholas
UN-SPIDER

On Feb 27, 12:12 pm, Marten Hogeweg <mhoge...@esri.com> wrote:
> Additional resources available at ArcGIS Online:http://www.arcgisonline.com/home/search.html?t=content&q=chile
>
> Marten

Chris

Feb 27, 2010, 9:15:29 PM2/27/10
to CrisisMappers-Chile
Thank you Bruce ! We have streets for Santiago, Talca, and Puentes as
personal geodatabase .rar file in the same area, and more uploading
overnight.

The *precise* lineage of this data is unknown, but I understand there
is no problem sharing it....

Chris Nicholas
UN-SPIDER

Galen Evans

Feb 27, 2010, 9:57:28 PM2/27/10
to crisismap...@googlegroups.com
The street datasets in google map maker also seem very good. I haven't had a chance to cross check them against another source but seem rather comprehensive.
----------------
Galen Evans
(781) 248-6144

Chris

Feb 27, 2010, 11:59:30 PM2/27/10
to CrisisMappers-Chile
Yes indeed; the Google Mapmaker data looks very detailed in all the
areas I spot-checked. THANK YOU GOOGLE!

One more dataset for this evening has completed upload from Bruce; the
"otras.rar" in the above-mentioned area.

Chris Nicholas
UN-SPIDER

bdwillet

Feb 28, 2010, 11:47:07 AM2/28/10
to CrisisMappers-Chile
Hi,

The GE stuff is very good. I am uploading now data of the Maule
Region (Talca) of Chile now.
Otras has street data for many other cities,
caio,
bruce

Chris

Mar 1, 2010, 3:19:21 AM3/1/10
to CrisisMappers-Chile
> I am uploading now data of the Maule
> Region (Talca) of Chile now.

This dataset has finished uploading...available at:
http://maps.geography.uc.edu/~cgn/maps/Chile/vectors/

Also, apparently at least one decent collect:
http://browse.digitalglobe.com/imagefinder/showBrowseMetadata?catalogId=102001000B067E00

Chris Nicholas

Chris

Mar 1, 2010, 11:36:39 AM3/1/10
to CrisisMappers-Chile
A new dataset from Bruce - "embalses.gdb.rar" - supposedly point file
water intakes and resevoirs, is available at:
http://maps.geography.uc.edu/~cgn/maps/Chile/vectors/

thank you Bruce!

Chris Nicholas

On Mar 1, 12:19 am, Chris <chrisgnicho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >   I am uploading now data of the Maule
> > Region (Talca) of Chile now.
>
> This dataset has finished uploading...available at:http://maps.geography.uc.edu/~cgn/maps/Chile/vectors/
>

> Also, apparently at least one decent collect:http://browse.digitalglobe.com/imagefinder/showBrowseMetadata?catalog...
>
> Chris Nicholas

Marten Hogeweg

Mar 1, 2010, 12:40:20 PM3/1/10
to crisismap...@googlegroups.com
There is no metadata with these files. I could register these datasets with the GEO Portal (http://geoss.esri.com) if someone provides a simple title+description. No need for full ISO/FGDC metadata at this point.