Audigy 2 vs Audigy 2 ZS

newsreader

Nov 20, 2004, 10:26:25 AM11/20/04
Been shopping for a replacement card for onboard sound. Have seen Audigy 2
and 2 ZS. Prices on the 2 seem to be under $50. While the 2 ZS are higher.
Comparing the 2 cards, the 2 supports 6.1, and the 2ZS supports 7.1?

Other than these features, what other factors are different?

Sharanga Dayananda

Nov 20, 2004, 12:46:02 PM11/20/04
newsreader wrote:

2 ZS also supports DTS-ES decoding through SPDIF passthrough from
software DVD players. If you use yer PC for DVD playback and already
have a DTS decoding software DVD player, this isn't really all that
necessary. Also, I don't know about the Audigy 2, but the 2 ZS supports
DTS Neo:6 decoding for all stereo media played back through MediaSource
Player.

newsreader

Nov 20, 2004, 1:11:21 PM11/20/04
Wow, I don't understand all that, but what I do is listen to music and play
games on PC, I use TV and DVD player for watching DVD's so maybe the Audigy
2 is sufficient...

"newsreader" <newsr...@rogers.com> wrote in message

Sharanga Dayananda

Nov 20, 2004, 5:23:50 PM11/20/04
Yeah unless you want 7.1 speakers in games instead of just the single
behind or none ( if yer using it in 5.1 mode ) the A2 should be
sufficient. The DTS Neo 6 feature in the ZS ( I dunno whether the
regular A2 has it ) should allow you to listen to stereo sources like
MP3s over all yer speakers instead of just the front two with a surround
effect not dissimilar to pro logic.

newsreader

Nov 21, 2004, 9:54:19 AM11/21/04
Thanks, I understand that