VNC Client

LeonBA

Feb 16, 2011, 12:29:31 AM2/16/11
to Cr-48 Test Pilots
Today I focused on getting a WORKING VNC Client on Cr-48. The one from
the market with the whole cloud thing..not my cup of tea

And I have gotten it to work!

I use it to VNC over SSH into my Ubuntu box. Got SSH on my Windows
partition too (CopSSH), but have has a few issues with ssh key on dual
booting machine. Thinks there is s middle-man attack due to same IP
address but different keys. That part can wait

The VNC Client I am using is:

http://danielwebb.us/software/vnc/

I downloaded the jar file and simply executed it from shell using:
java -jar vncviewer.jar

Put in the IP address when prompted (127.0.0.1 in my case due to SSH
tunneling)..and viola it works!

The guides I used:

SSH Setup: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=30709
Java Setup: http://groups.google.com/group/cr-48-test-pilots/browse_thread/thread/2f53c927c1e9ad4c

If someone really needs me to I can write a step by step guide of what
I did. Those two guides are self explanatory and only thing needed.

benjami...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2011, 1:19:14 AM2/16/11
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to use this thanks.

Sent from my iPod

> --
> From the "Cr-48 Test Pilots" Google Group.

willywayne

Feb 16, 2011, 9:02:13 AM2/16/11
to Cr-48 Test Pilots
Does this support audio when remoting into Windows?

I have tried ThinVNC and LogMeIn and both work ok but neither support
audio, for free anyway. ThinVNC really annoyed me because it turns off
aero on Windows 7 and I could not figure out a way to turn it back on
without uninstalling ThinVNC and then rebooting.

Matt Hendry

Feb 16, 2011, 10:15:45 AM2/16/11
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
The remoting Feature that Google is developing with ReaVNC for Chrome OS is a VNC client/Server

Todd Vierling

Feb 16, 2011, 11:22:02 AM2/16/11
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:02:13 AM UTC-5, willywayne wrote:
Does this support audio when remoting into Windows?

The CLI version of rdesktop (RDP, not VNC) should support audio:

There's a native VNC client there too, but I don't know if it supports audio.