Dick Gammon dies of cancer

Reed Gleason

Mar 3, 2009, 9:57:17 AM3/3/09
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Craig DeMott wrote to the OHGA list:

I write with great sadness to inform the flying community of the
passing of Dick Gammon. In January, Dick was diagnosed with colon
cancer. His health deteriorated very rapidly, and Dick's quality of
life became an issue. Without regret, he took his own life at his
home near Seaside on February 11th.

Most of you have probably met and talked with Dick over the years. As
many of us are with flying, we have an opinion on how things are and
should be. Dick was very much the same, but he would always take the
time to hear a person's reasoning and was willing to mentor when
called upon by fledgelings.

My wife, Joknee, and I had a close, long-time relationship with Dick.
Our friendship began in the mid 70's, with many a flying trip and
lots of great experiences together over 30 years. We will surely miss him.

A memorial with friends and pilots will be held in the future; no
date set at this time. If you are interested in attending, please
contact Joknee: jde...@charter.net

I know I will always look to the sky when I hear the call of the
Raven, and I will think of my friend.

Push out, Dick!

A memorial is planned for April 1st at the Sandlake Grange.
Dick was born 01/28/43.
Most of the evil in the world is done by good people who believe
other good people are evil.
Reed 503-810-4801 (cell) 503-283-1366 (home)