Sollie Saturday: Yahoo! (complete post)

Tom N

Jan 31, 2009, 8:54:48 PM1/31/09
to Cascade Paragliding Club
I got there a bit after noon and a few folks were at the top deciding
if the very light and variable conditions were going to work. Doug
laid out and caught a very short cycle, demonstrating not only a
smooth launch but that there was lifable air in front; he was over
launch altitude in very short order. A few of us scrambled to be ready
if another short opportunity presented itself, and a few more very
short opportunities did. I took the first one and Tim was right behind
me. Doug made it look easy with very smooth flying. Tim and Jim B
worked the mountains nicely, too. Joe was the last to launch and got
a sled ride when it decided to turn off at launch just as suddenly as
it opened.

I will let others tell their story, but I had a wonderful 45-47 minute
flight that had it all: nice lift out front, a bird flying with me for
a while, a few bald eagles below, four other pilots to watch and learn
from, and even a small frontal when it got too quiet. Got a couple
hundred feet above Sugar for the first time, man, what a view! It
was a bit cold, but completely beautiful. Couldn't have asked for a
better flight.

Tom