Meeting Dave in Troutdale at 11am (TA).
From: David Cantrell <davecantre...@yahoo.com>
To: CPC Groups <email@example.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2012 9:45 AM
Subject: CPC: Flying Saturday
Forecasts sure have changed since yesterday. What I see is Bingen or Cliffside providing the most rewarding soaring flights for a wide range of skill levels. The winds are to be light ESE with to 4K ft.
1. Siverstart is showing too much east at launch in particular.
2. Kutch is showing an inversion below 3K ft. and strong winds aloft 15mph according to MM5 and XCSkies.
The pressure diff only measures .01inHg. though. So winds in the valley could be light in the lower
3. CLO too strong and North.
4. Bingen: WUG indicates WNW 7mph it is 3mph NW right now. MM5 and XCSkies indicate 0-5mph ESE with soaring potential +4K ft. The pressure diff between cascade locks and lyle is .02inHg east around noon to afternoon.
5. Cliffside is indicating east winds with .03inHg differential between the Dalles. MM5 indicate +4K ft potential. XCSkies indicates light thermals (-2TI to 1.3K Ft and -1TI to 5K ft). So, you would have to fly pretty efficient in a -1TI.
So, I am up for going to Bingen or Cliffside. Am ready to go and can carpool. Suggest leaving by 10:30 to get there on launch by 12-1pm.
If anyone else has suggestion where to go please share with them.