SSH Execute task

Tusen

Jan 16, 2008, 5:05:21 AM1/16/08
to CozyRoc
Hello all,

I am Thiru Senthilkumar working as a SSIS developer in covansys.

In my current project i have a requirement , i need to develop one
package which should be get list of files(file names) from SFTP server
using SSH Execute task.

please let me know,

How to do this using SSH Execute task.

Example would be better for me.

Thanks
Thiru Senthilkuamr
ETL Developer
Covansys a CSC Company,
Chennai India

Ivan Peev

Jan 16, 2008, 8:37:29 AM1/16/08
to CozyRoc
Hi Thiru,

Have you checked http://groups.google.com/group/cozyroc/browse_thread/thread/7ecdf8c6b7ee8432

This is for using SSH Execute Task from script. If you don't need it
from script, it should be pretty easy. You have to:

- Add SSH Connection manager to your remote SSH server.
- Add string variable. This variable will hold your remote server file
list.
- Add SSH Execute Task to your package.
- Setup your 'ExecConnection' to the previously created SSH Connection
Manager.
- Setup SSH command - ls
- Setup 'OutputVariable' to the previously created string variable.

And you are done. Now when you execute the SSH Execute Task, the
string variable will hold your SSH command result.

Regards,
Ivan

Tusen

Jan 17, 2008, 1:13:08 AM1/17/08
to CozyRoc
Hi ivan,

I tried your logic but the SSH Execute task is not complete.

Steps done:
1. Configured SSH connection manager
2. I declared string variable to SSH execute task's Outputvariable and
Commend is "ls".

It is not working .

Please give me a example package or give me a Script code.

I tried your script code but it is not listing files , it is
displaying the "KoKo" word.

Please give me a solution ASAP.

Thanks
Thiru

On Jan 16, 5:37 am, Ivan Peev <ivan.p...@cozyroc.com> wrote:
> Hi Thiru,
>
> Have you checkedhttp://groups.google.com/group/cozyroc/browse_thread/thread/7ecdf8c6b...
> > Chennai India- Hide quoted text -

Ivan Peev

Jan 17, 2008, 7:56:15 AM1/17/08
to CozyRoc
Hi Thiru,

Are you sure you have the correct script code to retrieve 'Koko'
variable value? Please try the following script code and let me know
if it works:

result = Dts.Variables("Koko").Value

----

I have sent you a sample SSIS package with the functionality.

Regards,
Ivan

Tusen

Jan 25, 2008, 4:41:50 AM1/25/08
to CozyRoc
Hi ivan,

It is working fine.

also we are planning to use Zip Task.

Could you tell me how to achive this.

Please give me the Steps to configure the Zip Task.

Thanks
Thiru

Ivan Peev

Jan 26, 2008, 5:34:48 PM1/26/08
to CozyRoc
Hi Thiru,

You have to setup your zip task:

* Action - compress or decompress
* CompressionType - zip or tar
* CompressionLevel - archiver specific, take a look at it
* Password - encryption password. Only available for zip type.
* IsSourceVariable - true, the input is specified in package variable.
Otherwise file connection.
* Source - when you specify IsSourceVariable to false, select file
connection.
* SourceVariable - when you specify IsSourceVariable to true, select
variable.
* RemoveSource - remove input after compression.
* IncludeSubfolders - recursively compress specified input and
subfolders.
* IsTargetVariable - true, the output is specified in package
variable. Otherwise file connection.
* Target - when you specify IsTargetVariable to false, select file
connection.
* TargetVariable - when you specify IsTargetVariable to true, select
variable.
* OverwriteExisting - Only applies for decompress action. If true, the
decompression will overwrite existing files.

You may also want to take a look at the documentation for Zip Task at:
http://www.cozyroc.com/support/ssis_zipview.html

Regards,
Ivan

shanmuk...@gmail.com

May 4, 2017, 3:37:42 PM5/4/17
to COZYROC
Hello Ivan,

I am working as a SSIS developer. I have this task to download files from SFTP to my local machine using SSH Execute task.
I have no knowledge of Shell scripting. Could you please help me out with the script and how to do this task.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
K S

Ivan Peev

May 4, 2017, 3:39:41 PM5/4/17
to COZYROC
Hi K,

Please next time create new discussion. Do not post in existing non-related subscription.

Use COZYROC File Transfer Task to download files from remote SFTP server.