SFTP Password variable

naters...@gmail.com

May 2, 2013, 6:06:00 PM5/2/13
to coz...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I am new to SSIS and I have created a project to download some files from an sftp server periodically. An issue I have come across is the password for the SFTP changes monthly. Is there a way I can load the password as a variable and change it from another source?

Ivan Peev

May 2, 2013, 7:52:34 PM5/2/13
to coz...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can load the complete ConnectionString property for the connection manager dynamically from a configuration file and you can specify the updated password there.

naters...@gmail.com

May 3, 2013, 1:50:22 PM5/3/13
to coz...@googlegroups.com
It would be great if I could write a script task like this
Does anyone know what properties I would load for a SFTP task?

Ivan Peev

May 3, 2013, 6:12:38 PM5/3/13
to coz...@googlegroups.com
You don't need to write script to setup the ConnectionString property. Just create configuration which setups the connection manager property from outside.