Using CozyRoc Excel Destination Plus

Jason Roberson

Mar 20, 2013, 2:31:47 PM3/20/13
to coz...@googlegroups.com
I have a DataFlow with a basic OLE DB Source and pumping it into excel using the CozyRoc Excel Destination Plus. The package is successful, all messages say that my 20 rows are being written to the file but when I go out and open the file it is empty.

Jason Roberson

Mar 20, 2013, 3:46:16 PM3/20/13
to coz...@googlegroups.com
I have also downloaded and installed the latest release of the components and that made no difference.

DBAMike

Mar 20, 2013, 4:06:25 PM3/20/13
to coz...@googlegroups.com
In the CozyRoc Excel Destination Editor, the Save-at-End must be checked.  If you write to multiple tabs, only the last one need be checked.  Otherwise nothing is saved.

-MB

Jason Roberson

Mar 20, 2013, 5:13:18 PM3/20/13
to coz...@googlegroups.com
Yea I got this to work by clicking the option "Save at End".  Seems pretty straight forward but I had unchecked it.  On the website the explanation states "Indicate that the workbook is to be saved at the end."  I was reading it as make a "copy" saved off at the end.  Not sure why you would ever want to use Excel as a destination and not save but regardless the option is there and I didn't have it checked.

Thanks