Idea Validation: Site for Coworker & Digital Nomad Networking & Trip Planning

Leo Shumacher

Mar 27, 2014, 6:13:05 PM3/27/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
I wanted to run an idea by you guys.

I spent 10 months in Asia last year travelling & working full time. It was amazing, but there was loneliness too. It was hard to build connections with other travelers who traveled without work.. we just had different schedules.

My dream is to have a group of digital nomads travelling and working together.. maintaining a lose network so you can have freedom and community at the same time. I think a good solution would be a website that allowed nomads to network together, meet locally, and also plan international trips together. You would setup a profile detailing your work schedule, internet needs, and places you want to go. Then trips could be created and people can meet on location and travel together.

I would like to integrate this with existing cowork spaces, allowing members to meet at their local cowork spots before to get to know each other & network.

What do you guys think? Does this have potential? Would you be interested in joining such a site? I'd love to hear your input, and if people are excited I'm open to building this as a group project.

Melissa Mesku

Mar 29, 2014, 5:20:17 PM3/29/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
LiveWorkAnywhere has a network/community of traveling entrepreneurs and freelancers; their founder is Libby Tucker and she'd be a great person to talk to. She's a friend of mine with years of experience doing just what you're talking about and will have a lot of insight to share.

Personally I think it's a great idea, though when traveling I stick to working out of coworking spaces when in cities, and skip working while visiting more far-flung places.

Adam Jorlen

Mar 31, 2014, 1:48:41 AM3/31/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leo. We're working on a similar idea across Australia / Asia : a nomadic school / innovation lab, so we're very interested.
Adam

Eric Y.F Lim

Mar 31, 2014, 11:39:19 AM3/31/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
I'm prototyping such a project as Hypercube @ SOHOland: Live-Work-Travel-Learn-Play lifestyle / ecosystem:
Your comments / collaboration welcome.

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 1:48 PM, Adam Jorlen <adam....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Leo. We're working on a similar idea across Australia / Asia : a nomadic school / innovation lab, so we're very interested.
Adam

---

eric van den broek

Apr 2, 2014, 4:57:51 AM4/2/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Well Guys, that's just exactly what we're working on right now :)
After having created a Coworking Space in Paris called Mutinerie, I started working with Stefano (who created a space in Roma) on copass. Copass is a platform that let's you access hundreds of coworking spaces whith one single membership. You can even check which from the people working in the spaces are can host you on airbnb, couchsurfing or directly through Copass.

We're in private beta right now but we'll be happy to invite anyone in this group to the beta version so you can see for yourself and give us your feedbacks ! Just drop me an email at er...@copass.org ;)

We'll also be happy to make a skype / hangout to exchange ideas on this topic of mobility and coworking spaces. I do that myself a lot and can tell you that doing it through Copass right now makes it a LOT easier to enter a new city and meet the right folks to hang out with :)