Can you help me find other Woman-Owned Coworking Spaces? Spotlighting for Int'l Coworking Day 2016!

Laura Shook

Jul 31, 2016, 8:59:32 AM7/31/16
to Coworking
Looking to spotlight woman-owned coworking spaces in celebration of International Coworking Day! If you are a woman, or know of a woman, who has launched/founded a coworking community, please connect with me.
Please provide your/her name, date space was established and coworking website. There is only a small window of time before August 9th, so this will not be an exhaustive list but will help me begin the research, which will lead to future articles on women in coworking...

Thank you in advance for your collaboration and support!

Laura Shook Guzman, LMFT
Soma Vida, Wellness Coworking
EST 2008

Francis A Cruz

Aug 1, 2016, 8:44:16 AM8/1/16
to Coworking
Interesting! Is your focus on woman-owned enterprise or how women are providing space for marginalized groups to advance? I do have a recommendation and would love to learn more first.

lea...@coworker.com

Aug 2, 2016, 7:37:33 AM8/2/16
to Coworking
Hey Laura

You must reach out to Grace Sai, founder of The Hub in Singapore! She is amazing and The Hub has an incredible community. She founded Singapore's very first coworking space 4 or 5 years ago and is a pioneer of the coworking movement / startup ecosystem in Singapore. They now have two spaces in Singapore and are opening a third next year. Here's the website: http://singapore.impacthub.net/homepage

Shoot me an email at lea...@coworker.com if you'd like me to introduce you to her :)

Leanne x

Elizabeth Trice

Aug 2, 2016, 8:13:11 AM8/2/16
to Coworking
Hi-
I own Peloton Labs in Portland, Maine.

Marion Majou

Aug 2, 2016, 10:27:46 AM8/2/16
to Coworking
Hi Laura,

Nice initiative!

I'm the owner/founder of Entrelac, a coworking community based in Annemasse, France since september 2014.

Do get in touch if you would like more details.

Cheers,
Marion

Katie Boone

Aug 2, 2016, 12:09:46 PM8/2/16
to Coworking
Would love to connect! Visit us at www.envisionlab.co :)

Katie Boone

Aug 2, 2016, 12:11:25 PM8/2/16
to Coworking
Better yet (website is under development) check us out on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/EnvisionLabMN/?fref=ts

Laura Shook

Aug 2, 2016, 1:23:21 PM8/2/16
to Coworking
Love it! Thank you, Katie.

Laura Shook

Aug 2, 2016, 1:23:21 PM8/2/16
to Coworking
Wonderful, I will include her and will reach out to connect in the near future! Thanks.

Laura Shook

Aug 2, 2016, 1:23:21 PM8/2/16
to Coworking
Fabulous! Thank you.

Laura Shook

Aug 2, 2016, 1:23:21 PM8/2/16
to Coworking
I am interested in both of those, yet the focus of this article is on woman-owned enterprise, specifically coworking spaces. Thanks for connecting and I 'd love to hear your recommendations...

Laura Shook

Aug 2, 2016, 1:23:32 PM8/2/16
to Coworking
Thanks, Elizabeth!

Doris Schuppe

Aug 2, 2016, 7:45:10 PM8/2/16
to Coworking
Hello Laura,

great idea! Here are some female founders from Germany, Switzerland and Spain:

  • Doris (me) founded Rayaworx in Santanyí / Mallorca (Spain) in May 2015 together with my husband Rainer -> https://www.rayaworx.eu
    After working from coworking spaces in Munich like combinat56 since 2010, in 2013 it came to my mind to move to Mallorca and start a coworking space for residents as well as travelers next to the sandy beaches in the Southeast of the mediterranean island.

Best regards from Europe,
Doris

Natalie Taylor

Aug 2, 2016, 8:47:17 PM8/2/16
to Coworking
Hi Laura,

Perfect timing!  My business partner Caroline Barton and I have just commenced our Professional Work Space (Biz Central in Southport, Queensland, Australia ... www.bizcentral.services), officially opening the doors on 1st July, 2016.

The design has been a year in the making as the space has been purposefully designed with specialty materials sourced to build a unique "adaptive" work environment that allows us to use the space for anything we want:- as an office, a meeting space, a networking hub, a training / workshop / presentation venue by day and then transform it into an event space by night for business events, product showcasing events industry gatherings.  We are only boutique ... designed that way so that we can give very personalised attention ... as can our clients when they run their boutique events.  The fact that we can hang anything off the office walls means that the space can be used for many different things.  You could hang a blue screen from the framing for photo shoots, or hang artwork / photography for an exhibition, or hang shelves / cabinets to display wares permanently.  The space already has ladies pampering nights, product showcase events (mini trade shows), picture parties and a range of other unique events scheduled for the coming months.

We are two strong and capable women with many business / life skills and talents (from many industries), which we translate into support for businesses and professionals that are either newly established, solo, boutique or mobil operations, as well as established businesses that need to expand or contract ... or who just need temporary (pay as you go / no lock in contract) space.  The space is not exclusively for women, however, the it is not a vast "tech space", so lends itself more to people who wish to truly connect and conjoin to establish long lasting business relationships or joint ventures.  As we grow, we will be introducing a range of additional services that are already in the pipeline and will assist our clients with a holistic business approach.

We are still in a "local cultivation" phase, as this will be the bread and butter of our business.  Website with photos coming soon, but if you need photos for an article, just let us know (in...@bizcentral.services) and we can email some through.

Jeannine van der Linden

Aug 3, 2016, 8:21:05 AM8/3/16
to Coworking

Hi!

My name is Jeannine van der Linden, I am the founder, chief cook and bottle washer for deKamer, a network of 5 coworking spaces in the Netherlands. The first was launched in 2010, the most recent in March 2016. Our new website is still in production, here is the orginal website, and our Facebook

I am also involved with Open Coworking. and am presently Managing Partner.

I am Stateside at the moment, in Atlanta now, until the end of August.  Which makes working with timezones that much easier. :-)

Dina Eisenberg did a video series on Women in Coworking in 2013 which was quite good, you can find it here.

Stacy Kessler

Aug 3, 2016, 9:03:21 AM8/3/16
to Coworking
Hi Laura! My name is Stacy Kessler and I am the owner and founder of Platform 53 in Cincinnati, OH (technically it's across the river in Covington, KY). My info is below:

Stacy Kessler
Platform 53
Established September 2014

Jen Thoemke

Aug 3, 2016, 11:22:06 AM8/3/16
to Coworking
Hi Laura,

I founded Connects Workspace located in Golden, CO in June 2015.  Take a look at www.connectsworkspace.com

Thanks for doing this!
Jen Thoemke

all...@freerangeoffice.com

Aug 3, 2016, 6:56:00 PM8/3/16
to Coworking
Hi Laura! I work at Free Range Office in Chicago, IL which is owned and operated by all women. The founder's name is Liane Jackson. We've been open since 2013. Our website is www.freerangeoffice.com

Jerome Chang

Aug 3, 2016, 6:57:28 PM8/3/16
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Add Co+Hoots in Phoenix, by Jenny Poondingo.

Jerome
---

Katherine Warman Kern

Aug 4, 2016, 6:08:02 AM8/4/16
to Coworking
COMRADITY is women owned - Katherine Warman Kern

Chris Mann

Aug 4, 2016, 3:26:59 PM8/4/16
to Coworking
Hi Laura, Check out http://theuniquespace.com in the Arts District of Downtown Los Angeles Sonja Rasula is the founder

Anis Bedda

Aug 5, 2016, 5:35:24 AM8/5/16
to Coworking, Valérie Kinoo
Valérie Kinoo in Cc, founder of Galeries Coworking in Brussels/Belgium

Katharine Richardson

Aug 5, 2016, 11:52:39 AM8/5/16
to Coworking
Hi I am the co-owner of InDo Nashville and a woman.  www.indonashville.com.  I would be happy to participate.
Founded in July 2015

Best-

Kate

Pauline Thomas

Aug 5, 2016, 3:24:53 PM8/5/16
to Coworking
Hello! I'm Pauline Thomas, founder of Le Laptop, a coworking Space founded in 2012 in Paris, France. Http://www.lelaptop.com

Thank you!

Jen Vincent

Aug 6, 2016, 9:27:54 AM8/6/16
to Coworking
Hi Laura,

I founded Cowork Penticton in 2012. We are in a small city of 33,000 in southern British Columbia, Canada,
I now co-manage the space with my husband.
Jennifer

Gretchen Bilbro

Aug 8, 2016, 6:08:24 PM8/8/16
to Coworking
Hi Laura,
 I own Cultivate Coworking in Murfreesboro, TN. We opened Jan 2015.

mel...@thevillageworks.com

Aug 9, 2016, 7:48:11 AM8/9/16
to Coworking
I wanted to introduce myself. Along with my partner-in-coworking, Lisa Wasserman Sivan, I run WorkShop Brookline: a tiny coworking space in Brookline, MA (half a mile from the Boston line).

Fingers crossed, we will open a more sustainably-sized community workspace in Brookline by the end of the year. Our new space is not ready for prime time, but we've spent lots of of time scheming ways to make it more inclusive (gender-wise and beyond). Please keep us in mind for future collaboration! We're always interested in creative approaches that other founders are taking.

-Melissa Tapper Goldman

Rachel Moore

Aug 9, 2016, 7:48:11 AM8/9/16
to Coworking
Hi Laura,

My business partner and I, Amy Shuter, founded Hub Etzion, the first coworking space in Gush Etzion, Israel, on our own. (We're both former Americans.) The space was opened Nov. 1, 2015, and our website is www.hubetzion.com - you can also find more photos and info at our facebook page: www.facebook.com/hubetzion

Thanks!

Rachel Moore

Charlotte Kirby

Aug 9, 2016, 7:48:11 AM8/9/16
to Coworking
I opened a coworking space in February!
Charlotte Kirby
The Village Hive
Www.thevillagehive.ca

Char...@thevillagehive.ca
Markham Ontario Canada

Sarahbella

Aug 9, 2016, 11:35:57 AM8/9/16
to Coworking
Hi Laura,

Sorry, I am a little late to the party! Check out COTERIE Company a female focused coworking company set to launch this month in Charlotte! Founder, Joanna Bailey would be a great person for you to connect with!
Happy International Coworking Day!
-S

Ehmandah R.

Aug 9, 2016, 1:15:54 PM8/9/16
to Coworking
Good Morning Laura!

I'm the founder of TwoTenEast. I  just launched my space this week.  www.twoteneast.co

Looking forward to connecting.

Happy Tuesday!

Ehmandah Ramsey
TwoTenEast Coworking
www.twoteneast.co
Est. 2016

Aloma Loren

Aug 9, 2016, 7:16:18 PM8/9/16
to Coworking
Hello! This is a great idea!

I own Eugene Mindworks in Eugene Oregon. We opened two years ago.

I just realized this is today so if I'm too late for this article please keep my info for future reference!

Cecilia Neher

Aug 22, 2016, 12:36:55 PM8/22/16
to Coworking
Myabe a bit late but I know there is one called HeraHub in Washington DC. I think it has other locations in CA.

Felena Hanson

Aug 23, 2016, 12:27:36 PM8/23/16
to Coworking
Thanks Laura!  you may already have me on the list through the FB post but just in case...

Felena Hanson, founder Hera Hub, 2011, www.HeraHub.com

Sally Newson

Aug 24, 2016, 8:53:27 AM8/24/16
to Coworking
Hi Laura - I opened MindTank Work Club, a co-working business club in Marin County (Ross) last month. Please check it out at www.mindtank.com!

Ashley G. Scott

Aug 29, 2016, 9:59:48 AM8/29/16
to Coworking

Dawn Baird

Aug 29, 2016, 1:30:51 PM8/29/16
to Coworking
Laura

In Northern Ireland:

Us: @WabiSabiBelfast
&
@TheHubNewry
@BlickStudios
@BoomStudios
@StartPlanet
@StudioSouk

Hope this helps.

Dawn

Shared Brooklyn Red Hook

Sep 13, 2016, 4:35:13 PM9/13/16
to Coworking
Hi Laura,

I'm late to the party and just saw your post, but if you still need places, I own a coworking space in Red Hook, Brooklyn (NY) called SHARED Brooklyn. I've been open almost two years.

Best Regards,
Allison Reeves

Coworking Arpoador

Sep 14, 2016, 3:32:06 PM9/14/16
to Coworking
I'm later than late but couldn't help myself from letting you know that I run a space on Rio, Brazil. If you still need to contact a female led coworking space let me know ;)
All best,
Gabriela

Bisner

Sep 16, 2016, 10:36:12 AM9/16/16
to Coworking
Hi Katie,

Check out sassplace.au in Australia

xime cabezas

Sep 19, 2016, 4:42:05 PM9/19/16
to Coworking
Hi I own conexion ec coworking in Quito- Ecuador.

tr...@paparamount.com

Oct 18, 2016, 3:22:47 PM10/18/16
to Coworking
Hello, Laura! I know this is a late response, but perhaps can be used in the future.

I am the owner of Paramount Co-Op located 12 miles from Pittsburgh, PA. Our website is www.paparamount.com

Laura Shook

Oct 25, 2016, 11:10:21 AM10/25/16
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Wow, this was fabulous! I was thrilled to learn about all the women-led coworking initiatives around the world and I think you will be, too.
And, please feel free to add more as I will keep updating the online directory.

I just realized that I hadn't followed up in the group with the links to the article, directory and new Facebook group, so here they are - please check them out!  (If you sent me information after August 9th, your space is in the process of being added). My intern is helping me on this project so we should have it updated by the end of October.

The International Coworking Day Article: "Women Who Cowork and the Movement That Inspires Them"

To keep the conversation going, I also created the Facebook Group, Women Who Cowork, which is for entrepreneurial women who own a coworking space, or multiple spaces, to come together to connect, share ideas, ask for support and co-inspire one another! Please join us today :)

In solidarity,
Laura

Laura Shook Guzman, LMFT
Somatic Psychotherapist
On Somatic Ground  |  www.onsomaticground.com
Founder/CEO  |  Soma Vida  |  www.somavida.net
c: 512.769.1265

---

NATALIE TAYLOR

Oct 25, 2016, 5:15:30 PM10/25/16
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hey Laura,

Thanks for the link to the site.  I'm not sure why, but I've noticed that you have only listed my business partner Caroline Barton with Biz Central in Australia.  We are 50/50 owners of the space.  I would appreciate if we could both be listed on the site - if you don't have space for full names, then just our first names is fine.

Cheers

Natalie Taylor

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to coworking+...@googlegroups.com.

Darlan

Oct 26, 2016, 9:33:19 AM10/26/16
to Coworking
In São Paulo, Brazil, there is a community builded by women for women. The FEMINARIA.

http://feminaria.com.br/

https://www.facebook.com/grupofeminaria/

Bisner

Oct 26, 2016, 9:33:19 AM10/26/16